Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
except that you cannot guarantee that what you see will be what your viewer sees at 100% text size - so you will still need to check that out

don't mean to be unhelpful

presumably you have got round this problem too:

well done

Okay I think we are conflating different issues here.

My first problem was, given that due to the way the operating system (i.e. all versions of Windows it seems) handles text size, and the resulting fact that I (and an increasingly large number of other users) need to increase our "Textsize DPI" in order to user the operating system comfortably, how can I quickly and easily get my zoom in Xara to show 1 pixel per 1 output pixels when images/graphics are exported? i.e. I simply want to see what is about to be exported on any individual graphic.

To get clear, in my experience all versions of windows do not change the pixels per inch of *graphics* when the user changes the *text* DPI at the o/s level. [And incidentally this does have bizarre implications particularly for Outlook emails because in Outlook (2003/07/10...) depending on how pages are designed using HTML, the width of the page may increase, but the images on the page remain at the same size. To be more, specific it's fine if you use <TABLE WIDTH=XXX >, the table will actually render at XXX pixels width on the users screen, but it goes wrong if you use styles to define width, at which point the tables and all text increase in width, but the images stay at 1 pixel per 1 pixel in the user's screen. And FWIW, unfortunately almost all email agency email building tools use styles!]

For completeness, yes it is possible to change the size that a graphic takes up on a browser screen. This is achieved by the user changing the browser zoom away from 100%.

But an entirely different problem is how do browsers render the space OTHER than actual graphics. As you say this will very much depend on user's settings...