Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

After suffering through one of those in-law family gatherings in our nations capital, I did this one when I got home - to relieve some stress... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Doesn't the title sound just way cool? Who would not like to wear one of those? I'm rather happy with the whole idea/design!

The dress "fill" is of "Linoleicacid", © by National High Magnetic Field Laboratory at Florida State University.

Hope you enjoy!

Risto

[This message was edited by Risto Klint on July 29, 2001 at 16:22.]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dress.jpg 
Views:	360 
Size:	142.6 KB 
ID:	15079  

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

That is neat Risto. Very sexy dress. The fabric really clings nice!

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

It has this Escher's inside out... upside down feeling in it. The face is great! But I can't catch it... when I feel I caught it it hides somewhere in the composition again ;-)

..indeeeeed, a modern Picasso!

Who's the little gentleman in the corner?

Are you chasing butterflys...hum?

Cooooooool...

walk softly ad the edges..bill [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Name:	ERIC.jpg 
Views:	311 
Size:	31.5 KB 
ID:	17614  

Didn't see them Bill!
    It also reminds me of mixed up plasticine before it goes all brown and yukky! or an alien pizza?

Risto,
    amazing how the lines of the "acid" pic flow with the shape of her body, did you see a body when you first looked at the pic? Also like DM I can't see a face, is there one?

eric [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]

... I saw the body in there... but then again, my wife thinks that I'm a bit of a nut because I analyze my kids magna-doodle artwork... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

You can't see the belly botton?!!! I was very happy how I placed that "acid" bitmap in there!!!

You can't see a FACE?! - are you guys trying to kill me?!! What do you think those big round circles; in the head region are? - pimples?*()&*(%**()%#%&^$%#!!!!!! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Clever stuff, Bill. I do that kind of thing all the time... not that I want too... but I see things... [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img] Perhaps I need to be medicated? [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]

Risto

Sorry Ross. Hope I'm not too late. I've been a little busy.

The images you referred to reminded me of the effects you get with Fractal Fills wity the Alt Rainbow fill option. I wanted to try to capture some of the feel of the minerals and electron microscopic images.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

me be hub televisor

Name:	fractal_minerals.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	34.9 KB 
ID:	5912  

Here's a quick shape with fill provided by the Amstel beer shot image from the Molecular Expressions web site copyright by Michael W. Davidson and The Florida State University.

I think it's a brooch, but that could change. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Mickie

Name:	brooch.gif 
Views:	196 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	6651  

Thanks for this incredible site: you already suggested me noao etc, and this adds to my "eye candy" on the web.

Still, being infected by the bacillus Xaraensis Hensius, I decided to look at it in my electronic microscope, and here it is.

Ladies and gentlemen: this is what we all suffer from:

Name:	microscope.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	66.8 KB 
ID:	9755  

I can't post the xar file as it is some 690KB [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]

This is a description of what I did. If someone wants the file, I'll mail it. WITHOUT SirCam.

I drew a rectangle and gave it a fractal plasma fill. Made a bitmap copy and tweaked the contrast to a quite high level. Then followed the bitmap tracer, ungrouping, bevelling, filling with circular fill.
    Then a rectangle was drawn that was a little bigger than the above, this was filled with four colours and a fractal clouds transparancy was added. The drawing was cloned, and one of both was intersected with the rectangle, the other one was centrally adjusted and put to back, so as to get the smoke effect.
    Then everything was grouped, made editable and moulded in a circle. This was grouped, made aditable and a bevel was added. The bevel was selected, the colours were tweaked and everything was grouped.

If you don't work against time, time often works for you.