Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default preventing a line break in a link

Hi

I am working on a website and the client has specified that if a link is on 2 lines, (please see following page and see descriptive text under images which are links

http://www.jentonuv.co.uk/jenact_test/applications.htm)

the link and the underline should be continuous. In Xara, if there is a link on 2 lines, the link and the underline are broken.

Any advice or suggestions on how this can be prevented would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

Default Re: preventing a line break in a link

Being a wysiwyg absolute positioning css web application the short answer is no, not possible.
    With absolutely positioned strings, it's the links that are placed within a string, not strings that are placed within a link.

You could try writing the anchor ref entirely in HTML and use a placeholder though.
    (but you will lose some formatting options)

eg:
    <a href="url">line one<br />line two</a>

I have tried steve's code above and it works great, except you have to use the actual url (www.yourdomain.com/thelinkpage.htm) but I can get it to have the same link colours etc (mouseoff, hover, visited) as the rest of the site by setting the link to any page - this gives you to same format as the rest of the links and the code above inserted into the body section in placeholder will act as the actual link.

thanks Steve.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

This is a known limitation. A link that is wrapped over two lines becomes two separate links in the exported HTML. This issue has been logged some time ago (BZ6490) and we are currently discussing whether this can be improved.

Hi yes, I have finally got this to work using a textbox as the placeholder, that way I could specify font size, however, I cannot seem to format the text in a centre position.

Can anyone help?

Many thanks for this suggestion. Has been a great help.

<center>
    <a href="url">line one goes here<br />line two here</a>
    </center>

or

<p align="center">
    <a href="url">line one goes here<br />line two</a>
    </p>