Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Shadow Color

Default Shadow Color

Silly question but how do I control the color of a shadow with the Shadow tool?

Default Re: Shadow Color

Dumb question - I just found the answer in the Help file. Missed it when I looked there before.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

I'm glad you found your answer Dave, however for anyone else who might come to this thread looking for the answer you can drag a colour from the colourline to change the colour but you can also Ctrl + click to select just the shadow and then you can set the colour using the colour editor and you can use the fill tool to change the fill in all sorts of ways just as you would with any object.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I knew about the drag-drop colour aply trick but the Ctrl-click to select the shadow was new to me. Thanks Frances. And it leaded me to explore this feature. Did you know when selected you can give the shadow also gradient or bitmapped fills? Apllying other transparancy doesn't seem to work. Please have a look at the attached Xar file
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	shadowtest.jpg 
Views:	131 
Size:	14.0 KB 
ID:	94909  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Michael, I'm glad you learned somthing here Yes the ability to apply a gradient or bitmap fill to a shadow is what I meant about being able to apply any other fills. And here is another neat trick you can apply a gradient fill to your object that is casting the shadow copy it to the clipboard then ctrl+click to select your shadow, and then right click the shadow and paste attributes and your shadow will match the object.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	matching shadow.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	39.4 KB 
ID:	94911  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

nice tips,
    Ill be sure to use these tricks on a project im working on at the moment, thanks
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980