Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Shopping Basket

Default Shopping Basket

Could someone tell me if Xara have a Widget Pack or something that will let me introduce a shopping basket the website I am doing? I am going to get Pack 1 I think as i want various photo galleries and I cannot work out how to do them but in time i would like a shopping basket for people to buy my photographs using paypal. Am I asking too much?
    Also,sorry asking two questions here, can I put a twitter feed onto a webpage with Xara? i have ver8 by the way.
    Thanks Ian

Default Re: Shopping Basket

Hi Ian, firstly yes you can add a shopping cart to a xara website, go to your widgets and it is called Ecwid, the simplest way I find is to go to the ecwid.com website and set up and account (just an email address required) then get the codes, one for a basket, another for the actual store and also optional codes for a search button and a navigation bar, they simply go into placeholders and that's it.

Yes you can put a twitter feed in, again a widget is available in your design gallery.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Thanks Skech for the reply. Sorry for being a bit slow here but the Ecwid is that in the Widget Pack1 that I am about to purchase?
    I have to say I did get a bit confused trying to understand what the Pack included. Also is the Twitter feed also in Pack1?
    Sorry if they are really silly questions but i am new to all this

I am having problems with my widgets at the moment so all I can tell you is that they should be included in the software already, but if not simply go to the relevant websites and get the widgets there.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk

Hi big_ian, welcome to Talk Graphics :-)
    You don't need to purchase any web packs for a shopping cart or social widgets. Go to the Design Gallery and under Page Elements there are shopping cart, Social and Gallery widgets ready to use :-)

PayPal is a good option and it too is in the Design Gallery > Page Elements > E-commerce Widgets folder.

Have you tried ECVid? I am sure this is the software program, you are looking for. ECVid makes a lot convenience for you in various places and you don't feel bother adopt it consistently.