Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Easy Arc

Default Easy Arc

I would be interested in knowing how others quickly draw an arc of specific degree, as in a semi-circle that is 130 deg round. Any tips are appreciated. Thanks, Dan.

Default Re: Easy Arc

Not that I am aware of. CorelDRAW used to have this feature, as I recall, it has been ages since I used it.

The way I would do this is create a circle, then from the center add a vertical line, clone and rotate the line 130 degrees from the center, Convert the circle to Editable Shapes, and use the Shape Tool to break the circle at the two points intersected by the lines. It's a lot of work.

Not quite the same as Gary's method but here's how I'd do it. VIDEO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Thanks, Gary and Egg. Useful tips.

Yes, Corel does have a seductively easy way to do it. The "Gary P" method seems to be least steps. Thanks, everyone. Dan

It's funny that hardly anyone thinks of Inkscape. Considering it is free, it has a pretty good toolbox for drawing arcs and spirals.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

I occasionally use Inkscape Bob, and as you state it has features that Xara should have had years ago like arc's and spirals etc, but apart from spirals I find it just as quick to create things in Xara using workarounds than opening some other software and using export/import methods.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host