Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stop & Post March 2013

Welcome to Stop & Post March 2013!

Take a minute to stop whatever you´ve been working and post your progress here.
    Finished pieces or works in progress all are welcome. If it's done in Xara we would like to see it.

Happy posting!

Default Re: Stop & Post March 2013

Just finished my new TG Avatar done in XPGD2013, Inspiration from Gare's Ball and direction from Sledger to finish off the text and lightning bold with the Mold Tool. (old avatar still in place to compare)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tx.png 
Views:	161 
Size:	17.2 KB 
ID:	94828  
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Great looking logo tx200man. Very distinctive and creative.
    R_o_n _a_l _d __C. __D_u_k_e

x a r a . c o m..a r t i s t s ..g a l l e r y

Xara's Facebook

Xara Designer Pro X 16, Xara 3D7 Web Designer

I like the new avatar TX 200 Man.

I created the attached to place on Facebook to explain that I destroyed my e-mail program and all the addresses and messages from the last 20 years and to ask if anybody wants to be included in my new book, to e-mail me.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FUBAR.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	14.4 KB 
ID:	94862  

Thanks Gary, like your fubar image, OUCH!! that must have hurt

Lots of great stuff last month. Great stuff so far and I can't wait to see more. I thought I knew how to finish this until all the great work with vines appeared. Confused as to how I want to finish this but thinking. Sure hope the size came down to a reasonable number.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	witch2.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	94879

Quote Originally Posted by ber61 View Post
    ...Confused as to how I want to finish this but thinking...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	witch2.jpg 
Views:	185 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	94879
    Looks pretty darn good to me.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

This is the beginning of a shot story I am working on based on The Story of Film: An Odyssey written and narrated by Mark Cousins. Mark is Irish and has a quiet, lilting, almost hypnotic way of speaking. He speaks in short sentences that end in what sounds often like a question. I was intrigued by the sound and quality of Mark's narration and started writing a story in the same style.

And Old Man With a Pipe

An old man, with a pipe, sits, on a wood bench, under a tree, smoking.
    At his feet, is his dog, who is old, too. And is blind. His fur is brown, his muzzle gray.

The old man wears a wool cardigan, and a snap brim hat, even though it is summer, and 90 degrees, in the shade. The old man is thin. His circulation poor. These days he always feels a chill.

His eyes are blue. Not the blue of the sky, but the blue of slate. Like the slate on the roofs of the buildings, across the square, on the other side of the war memorial. His eyes have seen 92 summers, 92 winters, come and go. 92 springs and 92 falls. He fought in the Great War. And survived. His name is not one of the names on the war memorial.

Sunlight filters through the canopy of the big tree. Its trunk is wide, its leaves are deep green, and heavy. The old man relights his pipe.

He is thinking, of his wife, who died. He was 80, she was 72. When she died, the dog was just a pup. Now his dog is old. But unquestioningly loyal. A good companion. A silent companion. Everything that needs to be said, has been said, already. The old man and his dog communicate, without words. It's an ironic reversal. He is the old dog's Seeing Eye person.

Across the square, the clock in the church, chimes 12. Noon. The old man is hungry. And thirsty. He reaches down and pats the dog. The old dog has been sleeping, but is now awake. Lunch, says the old man. The old dog yawns, shakes his fur, and gets slowly to his feet. Together, they walk across the square, to the cafe.

The old man sits, at a table, on the street, outside the cafe, under a red umbrella. The old dog settles, under the table.

The owner of the cafe smiles at the old man, says hello. The usual? he asks. The old man nods. And a bowl of water, please, he adds.

The waitress, who is blond, and well fed, sets down a pint of ale, on the table, and places a bowl of water, under the table. She strokes the old dog's muzzle. Drink, she urges. The old dog senses the water. Takes a long drink.

Looks good to me also ber61.
    Gary, that is a good start to your story. I must say I am intrigued..
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Very ~Spooky Ber61, ideal to keep for Halloween time, have it made in perspex and put an eerie orange light behind it and stick it in window or made into a large terracotta plate for spooky cakes........yum. Love all those little coloured triangles in the center, they make my eyes spin around and around the middle of the image.

Very Creative Gary, where do you get the time? A man of many talents. I started a small story called Quorn in 2008 and never ever finished it lol, must look it out and send you it for review. That's if i haven't lost it?!