Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Arabic Fonts

Default Re: Arabic Fonts

Hi
    Unfortunately, 3D Xara does not support Arabic. You have to use third party software such as Al Rassam, BuRsheed and Arabic Text Editor, to write and then copy and paste it in 3D Xara

Thumbs down Re: Arabic Fonts

As I read on the latest posts about Xara and Arabic, I'm an Arabic designer, who is using Xara also in making logos and vector files, and I used to have this issue in most of the new graphic programs, here in Egypt, sometimes we get an ME versions of programs i.e Adobe Photoshop ME 'Middle East', which supports Arabic, also Microsoft's products i.e Word, it's not only the text alignment to the right as you may think, it is the way the software wrap the text and the characters.

Let's talk a look about how Microsoft support Arabic in HTML, most of the html tags support the dir "direction attribute, which is by default set to ltr= Left To Right, but if you set it to rtl=Right to Left,, you will notice for example, that the browser right-scroll bar, displayed on the left
    <HTML dir="rtl">

in Xara, I used a 3rd party tool, that it has it's own fonts, to type Arabic in Xara, actually I still can use it in whatever graphic software to display Arabic text, simply, I type the text on this tool, I use copy to clipboard , I past it in Xara, I change the font and select on of those fonts which come with the software, then I can see the Arabic very well.
    The tool name is "Arabic 3DS MAX 2! Text Editor"

Problem that Xara doesn't have ME support, also Flash, where Swish does !, have also another issue with Xara since long time, which is the text-underline.

Liked Xara very much, and hope they can add those missing futures to their new releases, asi don't really found good improvement between my old Xara and the new version !, and I wish if they just take a look about the vector "burshs" in fireworks, and the other options in the other vector tools and consider it in their new releases.

Thanks.

Hello,

Xara, like many other Eiropean programs does not support Middle-Eastern fonts. The only way you can achieve this is by doing the following:

If you get gibberish instead of letters then you will need to install Arabic support in windows.

If you can see letters which are reversed (i.e. instead of salam you get malas) you can do the following:

Take a font editor program, like Phontographer, and just mirror rotate all your fonts to 90 degrees. Save your fonts with a different name, like X_font.

When you use that font in any graphical program you will type from left to right, but with a mirrored image. Then you just need to mirror your type and continue writing as usual.

Unfortunately I don't have Arabic fonts because I don't use them, so I cannot make a screenshot for you, but if you need further instructions you can ask me and I will try to guide you through.

Hi
    I use CorelDraw between Arabic text and Xara3D. Plz see attachments.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1a.gif 
Views:	1591 
Size:	55.6 KB 
ID:	34728  

-

Name:	2a.gif 
Views:	1349 
Size:	89.1 KB 
ID:	34729  

--

Name:	3a.gif 
Views:	1392 
Size:	139.3 KB 
ID:	34730  

---

Name:	4a.gif 
Views:	1405 
Size:	108.0 KB 
ID:	34731  

----

Name:	5a.gif 
Views:	1316 
Size:	125.4 KB 
ID:	34732  

I use Aborsheed program to write in arabic its FREE

I made this by using the program to write in Arabic then copy it and paste it into Xara3d

http://www.imagebee.org/images/3123salam.gif

if you can read arabic in your computeryou can find the program and all the details by going to this link

PRESS HERE

Hope this will do the job

It doesn't seem to cut and paste into X3D for me.
    How did you do it?

EDIT: salaam, the post your question refers to has been deleted due to possible spamming. If the poster supplies further information the deletion might be lifted . Egg
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 19 July 2007 at 08:50 PM.