Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Arabic Fonts

Does 3d support Arabic fonts?
    I tried but it did not, is there is any update or a trick to do the job.

About XaraX ,it writes in Arabic but the fonts are seperated not connected and they are reversed. the cursor does not go from right to left only left to right.

Thanks

AJ
    Could you post a Xara X file with the text you want to use in xara 3d. (first having converted the fonts to shapes).We may be able to get a work around from there.

On my PC any fonts I have installed for XaraX are also available in Xara 3D. Is'nt this the case with you?
    I dont think it's possible to get "reversed" text input in any Xara programs.
    Egg

[This message was edited by Egg Bramhill on February 22, 2001 at 09:32 AM.]
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

AJ

One workaround in X is to type the first character, swap to the Selector Tool, click the 'Flip horizontally' button and re-select the Text tool. Not very elegant, but it works.

X now has the option of automatic kerning, which means that letter combinations like AW are automatically moved closer if the font contains the required information. What sort of font are you using? Is it TrueType or Type 1? The answers could explain why you're having problems in X and X3D.

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

It seems to me that there are some extended character fonts that include a wide range of characters from a multitude of languages that might work in Xara.

Check out Bitstream's WebFont Maker

This solution creates fonts for the Web that can be displayed on your visitor's web page even if the fonts you embed are not on their computer.

Also check out Microsoft's WGL4 fonts

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR> Q Why are the Windows 'WGL4' font files so large? Oh, and what does WGL4 mean anyway?

A The files are large because they contain more characters than ordinary fonts. These fonts include the full Windows Glyph List 4 (WGL4) character set. This character set contains 652 characters and covers multiple writing systems including Western, Central, and Eastern European, as well as characters required by Greek and Turkish. We are currently working to add WGL4 support to all of the TrueType core fonts for the Web.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

May not have Arabic characters but it is worth taking a look.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Be It Every So Humble...

Guys i am still waiting for a solution with my problem. whom am i going to address this problem with? give me a direction and i will follow. i need to used XaraX and Xara3d for my next presentation project.There is a lot of Arabic titles, i can not go to CorelDraw-type the text-convert to curves-import into xara, can you imagin how many slide title i have, plus what if they want to change the title for something else ( always the case). So PLZ guys show me the way or whom i am going to talk to ( the right person)
    Note: XaraX is demo version ( I am testing the Apps, if they can not allows arabic text, [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img] i guess i am not going to by it.
    Note: i think if i solve XaraX then it will be the same in Xara3d or vice versa, because they have the same result when typing Arabic.

Well AJ the solution is just go to this forum and ask how it is done. The forum is in arabic but u can post ur question in English.

the forum is here
    http://maxforums.net
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

Default Re: Arabic Fonts

i really do not know wht to do

There is an Arabic version of Windows, in which case the keyboarding works according to the language which is as you say reading right to left rather than European languages, left to right.

However, if you wanted to change the font into shapes or curves or outlines, the "description" matters little so long as you change the letters into the same type of an object that Xara recognizes as an editable shapes, then you can import the shapes into Xara 3D the same as any other shapes you could import.

Some programs support drag and drop sometimes with some keyboard commands usually holding down a key such as "Ctrl", "Alt" or "Shift" or a combination of these three, which means you do not need to save the program and then open it up, or they support the same Windows Clipboard allowing them to paste "curves" into the other program. Often the paste command will launch a dialogue box from which you choose what type of object you are pasting. The only way to know if you can drag between programs is to try it. For example you can drag work from CorelDRAW into Xara Xtreme holding down the "Ctrl" key, however, it does not reciprocate: you cannot drag work from Xara back into CorelDRAW. You can also paste paths from DRAW into Xtreme, but not from Xtreme into DRAW. Forget trying it with Illustrator, does not work. However, you may have other options if you try it, might work, if it does work, you have a big time saver right there.

In regards to the Arabic version of Windows, how all programs behave within it, is really dependant upon the program. Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. work under that format, but I do not know about graphics programs.

The shell in which you operate, i.e. Windows being the "shell", the underlying program language the same as with HTML language, is English. And though MAC doesn't use the same operating system, it was also written in English. I do not know if there is an MAC OS which is for Arabic.

Here is example how I wrote EID GREETINGS . I tpyed in power point then pasted the meta file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105b.jpg 
Views:	4307 
Size:	58.5 KB 
ID:	21670  

Well, I just learned something, I get files in in PowerPoint and didn't know you could do that.

That is a good tip.