Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Automatic Brush Loading

Are any brush files located in the /templates/eng/brushes directory automatically loaded? Mine did that from a previous version and they survived the upgrade. New brush files seem to be ignored. Is there a regedit tweak for loading the files so that they do not have to be manually loaded? What has to happen to have a brush file recognized by the program so its brushes are an option in the brush menu?

Thanks, Dan.

Default Re: Automatic Brush Loading

Create your own template that contains the brushes you want to work with. Open that template and then the brushes will be available in the Line Gallery > New Brush Strokes folder for any new document you open.

Thanks for info. My experience is that I am spared the opening of the template if I load the file into the /brushes directory. At least that is what has always worked. That convenience might have been lost in the ver 8 Xara.

When you say "template" do you mean that the saved file is treated differently then a plain save? I see where I can save, through the Save Template feature, into the Brushes directory, which may account for my not have to manually open the file containing the brush definition in order to see it in the Line "select an existing brush" drop-down menu.

Thanks again for the help.

Dan

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Template.png 
Views:	115 
Size:	210.7 KB 
ID:	94739
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Dan,

You are right when they are in that directory they should load automatically. Works OK for me. In the lines gallery you should see a folder icon with the name of the file.

Christine