Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Default Re: February 2013 Video Tutorial - Advanced Image Retouching

Just an observation...This thread is currently hard to follow; from Image retouching, Interleaving vines to neon ice cream and avatars, all under the Xara Xone heading. It will be very difficult search/research later.

~Fred

Default Re: Interweaving vines with 3D text

everybody has made the common error of forgetting that the vine would casts a shadow on the lettering
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Default Re: Interweaving vines with 3D text

You are right Frank,

However, the shadow of the vine (snake) is more difficult than it would appear, because if you use a shadow on the over part of the vine, you get a chopped up shadow, and if you use a shadow on the back vine, it does not cast the shadow on the front part. HMM!

Perhaps someone has an easier way, but I tried it the long way around and used the shadow on the back vine(snake) and then tried to add a similar shadow on the front part.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BeanPole Interweaving.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	94886

Did this work?

Rats! I just thought of a better way! Perhaps if I had added a shadow to both it would have filled in the gaps?
    Last edited by BeanPole; 04 March 2013 at 12:11 AM.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Quote Originally Posted by Fred C View Post
    Just an observation...This thread is currently hard to follow; from Image retouching, Interleaving vines to neon ice cream and avatars, all under the Xara Xone heading. It will be very difficult search/research later.

I agree with Fred here, Gary perhaps could you or Barbara have a look at splitting this thread into several (one for each topic) and moving them into the Xara graphics chat forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Am I missing something here?

My thread says "Interweaving vines with Text". Am I not correct in saying that this is now a separate thread from Image retouching, and has been for quite a while?

And the intro of the Neon Ice cream was just a sneak preview of next months tutorial.

And a comment on someone's Avatar on any thread should not be out of line.

Don't get defensive...I didn't say anything about being "out of line".
    ~Fred

Sorry Fred. Please forgive me, I did not mean to offend you.

I'm just a little unsure of how to respond to comments made on a thread. Sort of feel like I am treading on egg shells.

Quote Originally Posted by angelize View Post
    I agree with Fred here, Gary perhaps could you or Barbara have a look at splitting this thread into several (one for each topic) and moving them into the Xara graphics chat forum?
    I agree with both Francis and Fred, it will be difficult to search/research all these topics later.

Stygg

Quote Originally Posted by BeanPole View Post
    Sorry Fred. Please forgive me, I did not mean to offend you...
    No apology needed; on offense taken.

Best Regards,
    ~Fred

@ Everyone—

I will try to get with Barbara today and split these threads off.

"Forum housekeeping" to me is a lot less important than participation, and I think we've had some of the best group learning and communicating right here than we've had here or elsewhere on tg in a long time, so I myself am forgiving of the Sin of Untidiness at the moment.

It's on My To Do List, as we as writing a new tutorial next month, and answering thread questions, and occasionally having an Analog Life , too.

I'd think I can speak for the Administrator that the Xara Xone area might need an additional Moderator if traffic keeps up like this. Volunteers, especially those who have no idea how thankless the unpaid position is, can send me a PM.

@BeanPole and all—

Think of Common Courtesy first, last, and in-between when posting on tg. There's an old saying pertaining to email: "Read twice, send once." none of us should feel as though we're tippy-toeing around; neither should we feel as though brusqueness is an accepted part of getting a message across.

Please let me point out that this board is international and some of us have adopted English as a second language. Nuances and subtleties of this language might not be equally mastered by all. A good rule is that if you think something in your post might be misinterpreted, give it a second go before posting.

TalkGraphics looked and behaved like a Demilitarized Zone not that many years ago. It's a far more constructive place today, and I'd like to keep the static off the forum for one reason:

The chest-thumping, egotistical B.S. gets in the way of the learning process, the main thing most of us are here for.

I'm here to teach and to learn.

I'd like to mostly restrict my time online in this pursuit.

Deal?

;)

My Best,

gary