Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default link navbar to page?

Hi. I'd like to password protect a page with photos.
    My webhost will allow me to use the host software to password protect a directory/folder, but not an .html page.
    They said I can put the page into a folder, then password the folder.
    How would I then link the navbar button to the page?
    Will it cause issues since the structure is being changed?
    Thanks in advance.

Default Re: link navbar to page?

You can publish the page just as you would a website, to a new folder. So the folder will include an index page, plus the index_htm_files folder.

When you link to that page, let's say the folder is called photos, you will link to www.yoursite.com/photos

The page in the photos folder will have to have actual links back such as www.yoursite.com.

The effect should be seamless.

Thanks for the response, Gary.
    I'm not understanding how I can choose how the navbar "button" in the main site can be linked to another .html file.
    When I'm creating basic sites, the buttons create themselves as the pages are named.
    I'm not understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Merlin_AZ View Post
    I'm not understanding how I can choose how the navbar "button" in the main site can be linked to another .html file.
    Double-click the navbar to open the Navbar properties, then you can edit the links.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-02-24_172721.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	63.4 KB 
ID:	94686  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 24 February 2013 at 07:44 AM.

If you create a button called "Log-in" you can direct it to the password protected folder just as you would directing it to Google say (http://www.google.com)

The page (or pages) for registered members only are in this password protected folder and access can't be gained unless someone has a username & password. See the attached screen-grab for an example.

When I'm creating basic sites, the buttons create themselves as the pages are named.
    Fine, just add a page you're not really going to use ("temp.htm" for example), then change the link to the password protected folder (http://www.yoursite/log-in_folder/index.htm for example). You'll need to set up a second mini site to populate the log-in password protected folder and in this you'll have a Home button linking back to http://www.yoursite/index.htm
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	password.png 
Views:	105 
Size:	6.1 KB 
ID:	94687  
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    ...just add a page you're not really going to use ("temp.htm" for example), then change the link to the password protected folder
    You can add parent buttons to the navbar in the Navbar dialogue without needing to create new pages first.

and, any new button, or existing button, can be linked both internally or externally. You can link to an image, link to a specific page of another website, another website, you name it.

Got it.
    Thanks for everyone's help.