Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

But we're still convinced that Xara is the best out there.

BTW Xara does have a two page view. To get his go to:

File / Page Options

In the dialogue box that pops up, click the "Double Page Spread" option at the bottom of the screen.

Despite this, I agree that Xara needs a multiple page option.

Michael Ward
    http://LeighCenturions.net

Michael,

Thanks for that tip, I never knew it was there.

Sheff

Sheffield Abella
    sheff@sheff.com
    www.sheff.com
    Sheff
    My Site

CMYK

cu

FLySOLO

ps: focus on what xara is best: illustration
    i use flash for flash and fireworks and dreamweaver for web. but the main artwork concept fine drawing are done in xara.

I would like xara to look and the disk you are about to save to and see if it is full and warn me before it startws to save and then locks up. this is particularly an issue if you use zip disks as once the disk is full it locks up and you cannot get out except by contol/alt/del and end task which trashes the file you were saving to so you loose what you were trying to save and the old file too. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_frown.gif[/img]
    Also I would like to ad my vote for a way to save a font with a file or to save it witha template so I dont have to change frome times roman 50 time a day to my prefered font.
    Also when doing blend xara creates intermediate colors even if that colors already exist so you can end up with hundreds of colors to sort through. deleting these color (Black14 for instance) can case crashes when saving.
    Please do not add a bunch of dckers and other dialog boxes as they seem to add complexity out of proportion to the improved functionality. Xara's strength is its intuative interface. Beware of creeping elegance!
    John D

I've not been able to reproduce this. Can you give a more detailed example?

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Ever since Xara Studio I've wished for an option to print an image tiled over many pages.

For example I'd like to be able to scale up to A0 and print over several sheets of A4, with crop marks and bleeds for aligning the pages together.

I had software on the Amiga donkeys years ago that did this with ease...

Stu.

You can print multiple pages of your page on just one sheet, with the print command. RTFM!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ts.jpg 
Views:	290 
Size:	21.0 KB 
ID:	10113  

Mine are simple.

An airbrush & a pressure sensitive rubber.
    or make the feather slider easier to use.
    [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]

XaraX is great. I purchased Xara 3d and Webstyle2 and I'm proud of that too. These are two other great programs.

What I'd like to see the most with the new XaraX is better support for 3D and Webstyle.

While using XaraX, I want to freely exchage data between these other two programs and have hooks/connections into the other packages in order to use these as one integrated package.

Keep selling these as seperate items like now but just make X better at supporting the features and funcionality of the other two by allowing better data flow between apps.

The BEST is good enough!
    The BEST is good enough!