Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

When do we, like all good paying customers, begin to ask for more? I say, why not now?

Wishlist Items:
    I want a real color wheel, you know, like in grade school, RYB so I can pick complementary color sets

I want to customize the interface to set my own shortcuts (I want to set my onw shortcuts)

I want an alignment that is relative (like CorelDraw) wher the first object is aligned relative to the last.

I want to ungroup a "grouped object" although it has a shadow within it

I want to select the default setting that controls outlines and the dimesnions of an object. Currently, if you create an object with 1 pt line thickness, and you enter 100 pixels, the outline value is part of the 100 pixels. If you modify the image and turnoff the outline, then the dimesions is reduced. I am not sure what the options could be, but it can be terribly annoying to micromanage this when you draw something.

I guess this is why it is a wishlist. This off the top. Any one else?

Milt

When do we, like all good paying customers, begin to ask for more? I say, why not now?

Wishlist Items:
    I want a real color wheel, you know, like in grade school, RYB so I can pick complementary color sets

I want to customize the interface to set my own shortcuts (I want to set my onw shortcuts)

I want an alignment that is relative (like CorelDraw) wher the first object is aligned relative to the last.

I want to ungroup a "grouped object" although it has a shadow within it

I want to select the default setting that controls outlines and the dimesnions of an object. Currently, if you create an object with 1 pt line thickness, and you enter 100 pixels, the outline value is part of the 100 pixels. If you modify the image and turnoff the outline, then the dimesions is reduced. I am not sure what the options could be, but it can be terribly annoying to micromanage this when you draw something.

I guess this is why it is a wishlist. This off the top. Any one else?

Milt

I am afraid to express my whish list in this fourm , XaraXens will attack me [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
    I had some comments regarding improving the interface and i was almost kick out and cast out of this forum forever [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    I am not going to post anything unless i see Gary whish list, then i will know that i will not be attacked by XaraXens [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Ajiscool - Have no fear! The other thread you refer to had no attacks - your complaints about the interface just led others to remark their approval of that same design. Likewise in this thread it is legitimate for someone to state things they'd like to see changed. It is just as legitimate for someone else to disagree.

All users are individuals and none of us think alike or have the same expectations or preferences. It will ultimately be up to Xara Ltd. to decide what product features they choose to incorporate or change based on their understanding of the products users - current and their targeted new user market. Sounds difficult to me.

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Surely it is healthy to express ones wishes for the future? Clearly we have to bear in mind Xara's need to keep the file size down, and to recognise that an excess of tools leads to the clutter we all want to avoid. However discussing wishes can only be beneficial.
    Here's the list of things in XX I have missed:
    Import/Export text in RTF format
    Wrap against a path or object
    Cut-out shadow on shadow tool
    Twirl (rotational shear) on transform options
    Copy and paste all attributes including bevel & shadow
    8-points mold envelope (like everyone else)
    PDF and SVG export
    ALT field on image maps
    64 colour depth option for GIF export
    A simple means of repeating a group of actions
    So lets see yours, AjIsCoool!
    Tony
    PS Ross just got in before me - it might help X to decide if we express our wishes on this forum. I agree with Ross that it must be daunting task for X, who are already working on the next releaseI'm sure.
    Tony

My list is simple...

1. I want the text attribute buttons included on the font gallery (so I don't have to keep switching back and forth).

2. I want Xara to Default to the last text and attributes used, so I don't have to keep changing it back,

3. A default font would be good, but hold last used would be better for me.

And, hey, if it isn't too much trouble, an artistic talent button would be nice.

http://www.deltamoon.addr.com/deltaplate.gif

1. Abilty to customize default atrributes: color, font etc.

2. Ability to create Styles

3. More user-friendly brush dialog boxes (sliders without a live preview box bother me...)

4. Plug-in capabilities to harness the creative energies of all those Xarians out there.

5. Floating toolbars?

Tony

64 colour (or any other number) GIFs are already possible by entering the value in the Max colours box on the export dialog. For a technique to make the same GIF even more compact, see the new thread I started ("Make your GIFs even smaller").

Regards - Sean
    Regards - Sean

Repeat an action: Corel's Control R, apply to duplicate.

Support for multiple pages.

John

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>64 colour (or any other number) GIFs are already possible by entering the value in the Max colours box on the export dialog. For a technique to make the same GIF even more compact, see the new thread I started ("Make your GIFs even smaller"). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Sean,
    Reducing the number of colours doesn't seem to have much effect on file size (in my case, anyway). I should like to be able to set the colour depth on the drop down list. At the moment I export at the higher depth,import my graphic into Photoshop and set the lower depth there. It works a treat. I shall have a look at your thread. Maybe its a simpler way round, in which case thanks in advance.
    Tony
    Tony