Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Contact Form Needed

I am using Xara Web Designer MX Premium to create my first website. I decided to use the Consumer template. The contact page includes a free FormLogix contact form. Unfortunately, when completed by a prospective client, it sends an advertisement to that individual. The ad-free version is relatively expensive.

I am interested in replacing this form with another. I don’t see other options In Web Designer MX Premium. Can anyone recommend a good, free (or inexpensive) online form widget or form builder? I’m pretty computer savvy (a former programmer), but new to web design.

Thank you.

Todd
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	form.jpg 
Views:	214 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	94660  

Default Re: Contact Form Needed

I have had good results with JotForm, easy to setup and use. Find it in the 'Designs Gallery'
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Hi I always use this to build my forms and have had no problems with them http://www.formmail-maker.com/generator.php

Easy to use and has a whole range of options such as sub menus check boxes etc and all for free. Generates the code and comes in a small zip file which you drop into your main folder with your index file and then you can embed it into a page or a place holder which can be made popup.

It comes with a barely invisible link back to the form website(which of course the paid version removes)

Hope this gives you more ideas

Ken

Coffee Cup Web Form Builder is excellent. I've used jotform also but their free version is limited to max 100 submissions per month or 100MB whichever is reached first. CoffeeCup you can upload the form to your server, no limits. It's a good price and software updates are free.

I've used EmailMeForm in the past.
    It's always worked well for me.

I've used the free version and always had no problems with placing an EmailMeForm ad at the bottom of the form.

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Quote Originally Posted by mentorman View Post
    Hi I always use this to build my forms and have had no problems with them http://www.formmail-maker.com/generator.php

Easy to use and has a whole range of options such as sub menus check boxes etc and all for free. Generates the code and comes in a small zip file which you drop into your main folder with your index file and then you can embed it into a page or a place holder which can be made popup.

It comes with a barely invisible link back to the form website(which of course the paid version removes)

Hope this gives you more ideas

Ken
    Thanx mentorman....... the above is a nice freebie! Using it now.

You are welcome

Ken

Hi,
    I also have a FormLogix contact form on my website... Is that true, that the prospective client who fills out the form also receives an advert? If it is true, then I too will be looking for an alternative form builder.
    However, I have very little idea about what I'm doing computerly. I've managed to make a website so far by using templates and lots of trial and error confusion.
    So, I had a look at formmail-maker.com and got as far as creating the code, which I downloaded... and then I got stuck. Index file? Embedding? Placeholder? I know that I probably should know what all this means, but I don't.
    Could somebody give me step by step instructions for what to do with the zip file that has the code for my contact form? Or, can anyone point me in the direction of a Tutorial that would help?
    Many thanks.

I have been using Simfatic Form software for a couple of years. It is not expensive, you build your own forms with drag-and-drop, then publish to your PHP-enabled server. Use a Xara widget to create a window in which to display the Simfatic form. You have complete control over the form, no ads, it notifies you and the client properly, holds info in a database, everything. No spam because it has a built-in timer that calculates time spent on the form vs. required answers. It is licensed for whatever sites you wish to use it on. simfatic.com Highly recommended.