Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default import of colour vectors from the gallery to a web page

when i import some of the web vector icons - the brown ones from the gallery xara pop up asks if i want to match colours when i say yes it changes to a completly different colour than my nav bar and icons any idea how to get a work round i have copied the the nav bar to a 955 pix single web page import and the same occurs?

cheers scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Default Re: import of colour vectors from the gallery to a web page

Old joke

Patient: Doctor, it hurts when I walk like this...

Doctor: So, don't walk like that.

I'm not sure how this works but one is supposed to inherit from the other. This has something to do with Named colors.

Does your nav bar use Named Colors? The should appear to the left of the screen colors.

OK I just tried this. If you select Don't Match, the imported icon will inherit the colors from the existing nav bar. If you say Match, I have no idea what is happening.

It is crazy making.

You can select the imported graphic object, open the Color Editor, drag the color picker (eyedropper) over your nav bar and match the colors that way.

I think.

As Eric Morcambe said:
    "I'm playing all the right notes—but not necessarily in the right order."
    If you import a second set of named colours into a Xara document already containing the same named colours and you choose yes to match then the new import takes the colours of your original named colours. However say there a 3 named colours, they match the original ones but those named colours don't necessarily match the same shapes, so a button in the original might be Theme1 but the button on the second import may be filled with Theme 2 so they're not going to always magically match up.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

will give it a whirl

cheers

scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

still rubbish I am afraid any ideas xara?