I was just looking at a site and it reminded me of some of the stuff I used to do a couple of years ago in terms of the design and it got me thinking that it took a couple of years and lots of practice (100 odd sites) to realise that I have made some basic errors along the way.

Wouldn't it be right to give the right critic of a person's website, after all people post on the web gallery not just for a good seo backlink but to showcase their site. I feel now that if someone is designing websites for a living or for their business we should be a little bit more critical; obviously not to the point of being pedantic or personal but just making the poster aware of some of the best practices in the industry, there are members here with many years of design and web design experience and we should be helping people using xara to create sites to make sure that the end product looks professional, even if it is from our love of xara and to make sure it is shown in a good light.

I have been guilty in the past of holding back and not saying something and I think in their heart of hearts the poster wants to make sure that the site is the best it can be. There will of course be a critic which rubs someone up the wrong way and design can be a very personal thing; my favourite colour is not always someone else's favourite colour so on those points we should be quite but if a colour jars too much or clashes with another colour, or when text is difficult to read or the quality of an image is really bad, or something is not aligned correctly etc etc. we should speak up. Let's not play at the emperor's new clothes, let's be honest.