Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I just downloaded this program last night for evaluation. First thing I did was attempt to open some adobe illustrator .eps files. All I get is an error message stating there was an error at line ----. I tried this with files sent to me by customers but most all were prepared in adobe illustrator. It would not open files sent to me by graphic designers. I don't believe any were prepared with XaraX.
    I don't see myself becoming a graphic designer, but it would be an advantage to add a line of copy to a logo or maybe sitch the color spe around. Any advice appreciated.

I just downloaded this program last night for evaluation. First thing I did was attempt to open some adobe illustrator .eps files. All I get is an error message stating there was an error at line ----. I tried this with files sent to me by customers but most all were prepared in adobe illustrator. It would not open files sent to me by graphic designers. I don't believe any were prepared with XaraX.
    I don't see myself becoming a graphic designer, but it would be an advantage to add a line of copy to a logo or maybe sitch the color spe around. Any advice appreciated.

Sorry to say, Xara can only open some of the older versions of Illustrator, versions 7 and 8 and before I believe.

If you want to open files created with Adobe Illustrator then the best application to use for this is... Adobe Illustrator.

Xara is a termendous vector drawing application and it can import a lot of files that many applications cannot. But native vector application file formats are hard.

Gary

Gary Priester

Moderator Person

Click to make The Xara Xone #1

<a href="http://www.gwpriester.com">
    www.gwpriester.com </a>

Thank you for explaining the situation, specially so quickly. But very sorry to hear it not suitable for my purposes, it does look like a neat program http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/smilies/confused.gif