Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Alignment Problems

Need some help if there is help to be had. I have Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 2013. I am working on some tri-fold flyers. The issue has to do with aligning objects and text and such.

Doesn't matter if I have the alignment tool( horseshoe/magnet looking thing )selected or not it always acts like it is on( just doesn't show the alignment lines when it is not selected ). What I mean is when you try and move things they don't move and then all of a sudden it jumps a ton almost like it is jumping it to some point to align with something else. In WebDesigner, with that tool turned off, you can tweak layouts by barely moving the item but in this new program it is a real pain. You just can't move something a tiny bit. It always jumps a lot.

Not sure if I am explaining this right or not? Kind of hard to explain. I am hoping it is clear and there is some kind of setting I can change so it allows me to move things properly. This is a nightmare.

Default Re: Alignment Problems

There are three flavors of snap, Snap to Objects, Snap to Grid, and Snap to Guides.

Right click on the page and there should be a Snap... entry on the pop up menu. See if Snap to Grid is selected. This might cause what you are experiencing.

Default Re: Alignment Problems

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    There are three flavors of snap, Snap to Objects, Snap to Grid, and Snap to Guides.

Right click on the page and there should be a Snap... entry on the pop up menu. See if Snap to Grid is selected. This might cause what you are experiencing.
    Gary;

As always my thanks for your assistance. I actually finished the project I was working on so I muddled through it to get it done. I went back and checked though and sure enough what you suggested was it. One page had Snap To Grid and Snap To Object selected and the other page had Snap To Grid. Unchecked it all and things move the way they should.

Truly appreciate it.

Also, FWIW, the client loved the flyer. Hit a home run on my 1st shot at it so the money for the new Xara program was worth it. Thanks for suggesting I get it.