Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default This is the most difficult piece of software I've ever used.

I'm simply trying to insert an image into a page, but it shows up way outside the page, and I've found no way to drag it into the page. I've used many different software packages, but this is by far the most difficult.

What do I do to get the image into the page I want, rather than off to the side?

Default Re: This is the most difficult piece of software I've ever used.

Welcome to TalkGraphics

Drag the image from the desktop or a Windows Explorer folder and drop it onto the page.

Or you can Import the image (File > Import).

This is really not a difficult program to use. Honest.

Hi Bolt,

There are 2 ways that I'm readily aware of that work very easily.

1/ Open a window where the image is and simply drag it to the white portion of the Xara program.
    2/ From the dropdown menu use File/Import/ to browse to your image and then select 'Open' and it will be imported to Xara.

One thing though, you fail to mention what version of Xara software you are using. I am using the latest Xara Pro X. That information is useful for a correct solution.
    Also, I'm assuming you have a blank page. If that's not the case, that would also be useful information as would the method you are trying to use when placing an image in your document.

Gary, you are too quick on the draw.....I finally found something I could help with and well......kudos on your quick response.....:-)
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11

Web Designer MX version 8.1.
    I did get the image placed by drag/drop into the page, but it's gonna take some time as far as repositioning goes. It's too bad the manual is 114 pages, as that's just too much to print out.

I guess I'll simply have to play with it a bit and see if I can figure it out. It's just way more difficult than other web design programs that I've used in the past.

Thanks for your replies, and you can be assured that I'll be back for more advice!

It's too bad the manual is 114 pages

It could be 2000 pages - I've never read it!

Xara is a lot more than a web design program. Check out some of the online resources - http://www.xaraxone.com/

Bolt Action (with a user name like that I'm afraid to even ask what kind of site your designing )

Web Designer, and all Xara design and website creation programs are designed to let you create your page or your design intuitively. Just click and drag an object (or use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the image, or selected object or group of objects anywhere you want it to be.

In the case of a web page, you put the objects on the page where you want them and Xara does all the heavy lifting, writing the HTML document to instruct the browser where to place the text and graphics on the page.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Bolt Action (with a user name like that I'm afraid to even ask what kind of site your designing )

Web Designer, and all Xara design and website creation programs are designed to let you create your page or your design intuitively. Just click and drag an object (or use the arrow keys on your keyboard to move the image, or selected object or group of objects anywhere you want it to be.

In the case of a web page, you put the objects on the page where you want them and Xara does all the heavy lifting, writing the HTML document to instruct the browser where to place the text and graphics on the page.
    I'm thinking I just threw $50.00 out the window. The instructions to move/relocate an image do not work. It's an extremely difficult program to use. I think I'll go scouting for something that is easy to work with.

As to my username, I am making bolt action ball point pens. Name:  PKCP8010.jpg
Views: 628
Size:  8.9 KB

make sure you pick one with a trial and you use that first [as you should have done with xara which has 30days ]....
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

I just bought this one over the week-end, so I may still take it back. Maybe I'll see if my if my FP 2000 will still work.

Hey BA,

Before you go and write this off, why don't you give us the steps you are doing? That would certainly help some of the gurus on this site pinpoint why you seem to be having so much trouble.

Another thing to think about is that this is a WYSIWYG program. It's not like Dreamweaver, or anything that requires HTML coding. It's drop and go type where the program does the HTML for you.

I started using this program simply because all the others were way too difficult and required too much HTML programming, not that I really minded that but because I only work one or 2 hours at a time, I needed something I could make a site fairly quickly with...this is that program and if you persevere, you will find that out as well.

Nice pens btw, woodturning?
    Ed......:-)

All you have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to you.
    -Gandalf (from Lord of the Rings) - Xara s/w - Xara Designer Pro X11