Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to import and fill text

Hello, I am so new I'm still on the trial version (of which I am unsure what is missing from the paid version).

I am wondering how, for example, I could fill the letters of text with a pattern or texture or image (...) I found on the internet (google images for instance). For example, I found a knit pattern I like and I want to fill the text words with that. How would I go about that?

In general, I am having some problems getting onto how to import various fonts, textures, etc.. that i find.. I've read the instructions and can't figure out where to place the folders, etc.. Any links to very detailed instructions would be great..

Step by step appreciated any ideas/insights shared much appreciated!

Thanks.

Default Re: How to import and fill text

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The trial versions are fully functional.

If the pattern is a bitmap, and it sounds like this is what you want, import the image into Xara (either File > Import...) or drag and drop the image onto the page from the desktop or an Internet Explorer folder.

Select the text, open the Bitmap Gallery, select the image and press Fill.

You can select the image with the Fill Tool (the paint bucket) and then use the fill path arrows to resize and/or rotate, the fill. Drag the center square where the two arrows originate to move the texture around inside the text. The small boxes at the ends of the arrows let you scale and rotate the fill.

Any fonts that are installed in your Windows Fonts folder will be available in Xara. You cannot import a folder as such. But if you have a folder with say a dozen images, select all the images and drag and drop the images into Xara.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: How to import and fill text

Hi Dot, Welcome to Talkgraphics!

First which trial version are you using? In any case the trials are full working versions only limited by time. (up to 30 days)

To fill your text with a photo or a pattern import you image into the program (you can drag and drop from an explorer window right on to your page)

select your text and use the fill tool (the paint bucket icon) and select bitmap from the fill type dropdown list and on the infobar you will have another dropdown that will show any bitmaps available select your bitmap and click to apply See my screenshot below.

To add folders to the designs gallery simply click disc designs at the top of the gallery and a new box will pop up naviagate to the folder you want to add and open it click add and your folder will be added to the designs gallery.

Fonts need to be installed into the windows fonts folder and then your Xara program will be able to pick them up and they will show in the fonts dropdown list.

If you need more help you are always welcome to ask here at TG I would recommend though having a look at some of the many tutorials that you can find at The xara xone and at the Xara.com tutorials page
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fill tool.jpg 
Views:	229 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	94506  
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.