Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default looking for suggestions on gallery payment options

hi guys and gals, im looking to undertake a project where the basics are that i will run an online gallery. the issue im looking for some direction on is payment. what im thinking is that local artists will display their works on my site in return for a percentage of sale price. Problem is how do i get my commission factored into any payment made online??

The idea is that the buyer will pay through paypal or ecwid and a deduction of say 15 percent would be deducted and passed to me, the remainder to the artist themselves. I would rather not take all the payment directly - deducting my fee and then passing on the remainder as in doing so would mean paypal fees from buyers payment then further deduction from sale price as i pay the artist.........this defeats the point.

Has anyone experience of such a thing?

I am thinking the only way is to trust the artist to make the commission payment directly to me after the sale has completed, there is of course a lot of trust built into that thinking but then again if i ever found out they risk being excluded from further sales........

any thoughts gratefully received.

Cheers

Tx
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Default Re: looking for suggestions on gallery payment options

Have the payment come to you. Take your commission and pass the rest along to your artists.

I'd go with Gary on this one as it has several advantages:
    1: You will always know when a sale has been made.
    2: You only need to set up a single PayPal account not multiple accounts for each artist.
    3: You can hold the full amount until the purchaser confirms receipt. Say an artist didn't send the painting, your site is still responsible for the sale.

Just state that your percentage is after PayPal's deduction.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Food for thought..............thanks guys.
    now to progress with the website itself, logo done but website is going to take some time.
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980