Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Trouble publishing and ftp'ing

Welcome to TalkGraphic TMac -

What might be happening is the page name when you create the page and name it is the same name that will appear on the navigation bar buttons. But, you can change the names on the buttons without changing the actual page names.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Welcome to TalkGraphic TMac -

What might be happening is the page name when you create the page and name it is the same name that will appear on the navigation bar buttons. But, you can change the names on the buttons without changing the actual page names.

Maybe I can explain it.
    I build main page and save it as the index page.
    Build next page and name it for example Artpage1
    Build next page Artpage2.....and so on.
    Build 5 pages and when I get done with each one I save it in same folder on computer. On all pages I have links to each other and make sure they link to
    each other by putting in full web address of each page.
    When I go to export some of these new pages it tells me it will be renamed as index.html although I have page saved throughout web properties etc, as the correct name.
    It will also save pages for example Artpage1_1 and so on.
    I try to publish pages and I get all different versions of pages and the links on line take you to same pages or pages that are copies of others.

Looks like a drunk mouse running around web browser..
    Can you help ?

I have Microsoft Expression web 4 I use for some of my older websites and no problems with them. Can I use the html pages created by Xara, open them in Expression 4 and then publish the pages or will the html codes throw stull all over hell ?

Need help !!

TMac

Are you creating individual pages/documents? Or are you creating one document that contains many pages?

@Tmac. Web Designer isn't a single page at a time web designer app like say Dreamweaver.
    It's a multipage 'web site' creator. Rather like Microsoft Word can create multiple pages in one .doc file, web designer creates as many pages as you need in the one *.web file. When you export, all pages are written to the folder. The first page is always named index.htm..
    Last edited by gwpriester; 13 February 2013 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Changed Tmad to TMac.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    TMac

Are you creating individual pages/documents? Or are you creating one document that contains many pages?
    I am creating one website with all pages in one doc file. When I open a page to edit it it opens all of the pages at the same time.

TMac, I think your missing something here. One xar or web file will hold all the pages for your site. I attach a simple xar file containing 5 pages. Open it and preview to view all five pages as you click the text link buttons. If you still have problems upload your own xar file.

Here's a screen grab of Xara with the Page/Layers gallery open showing the 5 different pages all contained within the one xar file.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	artpage.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	94495  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host