Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: This is the most difficult piece of software I've ever used.

Think this may be an issue with importing very large photographs. VIEW THIS VIDEO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Egg Bramhill..........Thanks for the lesson on the slang use of those words (a wind up) Had not heard it before. I just call it spoofing us. When reading some of the things I truly think people just put it out to see who will bite on it.
    Choctaw

With over 22 years using graphic software i can say with total confidence that xara products are very good, even great........i wont let go of my coreldraw but am now using xara instead 90 percent of the time. i bought xara because html coding is not my thing and xara proved that it was possible to create with a graphic head on rather than a coders.

Stick with the software its class.............your frustrations would appear due to lack of knowledge ansd a lot of frustration ............. you cant just drive a tornado down the runway and expect to get off the ground, and if you luckily get it off the ground you can bet your ass its going to be a struggle from there on in............

zoom out so you can see the total image, click on it and the clicking on corner handle (wee square box) move inwards, thus reducing the size of the image on screen, then click in middle of image and move onto page........zoom to page and start working
    "Your never too old to Rock and Roll" ......
    ~Ronald Belford Scott 1946-1980

Bolt Action , I have to say that I have used plenty of software for designing graphics and web design. XARA is the easiest and has the best flow. it would really be a shame to see you waste money on other programs. try the trials first. They will prove that your instincts served you well during your purchase of Xara. And this coming from a Graphic/web designer whom actually does coding.

One of the beauties of Xara is that the image is not restricted to the document and you can place it anywhere on the page or on the side for later.
    So it will look like its way off the page OR it covers the whole page because its a large image and you cant see the selectors to make the image smaller..That seems like a problem but its not.

MAYBE THIS WILL HELP:Look on the menu bar above and click the drop-down arrow next to the number with %. It will give you a choice of zooming out and in. zoom out by choosing 50% or smaller. You should be able to see the selectors after clicking the image. this means you selected it. hover the cursor over one of the corner selectors. Now click and hold it and drag the image inwards to itself. This will make the Image smaller. You will now be able to fit it on your document properly and drag it wherever you want it to be on the page.

Hope it helped.