Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: This is the most difficult piece of software I've ever used.

not sure if the retail version has the trial - never bought retail, always online direct....

Ed is a helpful and knowledge-able guy, and there are many others here to who will help.... FrontPage is a canard mort
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Bolt Action View Post
    I'm thinking I just threw $50.00 out the window. The instructions to move/relocate an image do not work. It's an extremely difficult program to use. I think I'll go scouting for something that is easy to work with.
    This is either a wind-up or you have something wrong with your installation, your mouse or computer.
    You say you bought the program but have neither mentioned which version or have even added it to your profile when you joined the forum, basic question that a new user surely would have entered what he just bought? At $50 I assume it's Web Designer MX 8, the low-end version.
    Honest, it's simply the most intuitive program out there, if you find something easier, then please let us know because I certainly can't imagine it

Let's see if your installation is acting correctly, try these steps;

1. Open WDMX8
    2. Press F10 to open the page & layer gallery then click the small white triangle to the left of the page thumbnail to expand the layers. Make certain that the MouseOff layer is current (it'll show a grey/blue mousepointer arrow), if not - click the MouseOff layer.
    3. Press V (to make sure the select tool is active) then press Ctrl+Alt+I to import your image.
    4. Now that your image is showing in Web Designer (and the select tool is active), use your mouse to position the cursor over the image and hold the left mouse button down, you should be able to move (while still holding the mouse button down) the image to any position on the page.

If you cannot, then you have something wrong with your installation, your mouse or computer.

As mentioned in my post #4, it is MX version 8.1. Sledger, I did print out your instructions, so I'll see what that does for me.

To: Karateed, yes, those are hand-turned on a lathe.

Thanks.

Ah, yes - I did miss it. Sorry about that.

Hi Bolt Action.

I've used FrontPage quite a lot in the past, and I cannot believe the trouble you appear to be having with Xara.

I've moved over from FrontPage to Xara, because, it's so easy to use.

Can you upload a file where we can see the problem?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Chill out........get on youtube.com Allen Smith has over 100 tutorials that have helped me. Learning is a part of life, here is the web address to get started. It's not all easy, but the information is there if you work at it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8muN...EC04CD&index=1

Choctaw

I bought it for two reasons to make some static web banners and animations and to hopefully eventually fix up my profile which I have been allocated space on a website which has a basic profile.
    I would like to change it and update.
    I too thought it was difficult in the beginning and am having great fun thanks to all the generous help from all the users who have a great deal of knowledge

There are lots of video tutorials on the website you want to look into, makes life easier. Regarding manuals I can't even use them due to my quadriplegia disability, even the PDF can get a bit tiresome so that's why there's so beneficial and thankful to the users who created the video tutorials, I greatly appreciated immensely.
    Regards Mark

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    If you cannot, then you have something wrong with your installation, your mouse or computer
    and if all them are ok then i'd start looking closer to home...
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    This is either a wind-up .
    I have not heard this statement.......please tell me what you mean by it being a wind-up?
    Choctaw

Wind-up: To tell lies or joke at the expense of the recipient.
    Noun. An act of lying or joking.
    (British, informal) an act or instance of teasing ⇒ At first I couldn't believe it. I thought it was a wind-up by one of my mates.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host