Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Testimonials

Default Testimonials

What's the best way of adding testimonials to a site that can be updated easily by a customer how have you done it A placeholder and code i suspect but which one?
    ideally so it can revolve change from one to another without scrolling bars

Scruffy
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Default Re: Testimonials

If your Service Provider allows you to install WordPress, go for that.
    You can embed it or link to it as a sub-directory and make it fairly seamless.
    There is a learning curve but good on-line tutorials and Plug-in abound.

If it is in your domain, it's under your control and probably has SEO benefits too.
    I think Widgets that are owned by someone else are problematic in the same way when you are pushed to a new site to buy a product, you always have a suspicion...

Acorn

cheers i have already started to delve into wp and will check out the plugins i can fir to xara now i know where to look
    "A designer knows he has achieved perfection, not when there is nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."

Think out of the box.

1. Just get them to email you with their comments then create a static web page and add and update as you choose.
    The second you add updatable comments, you need to watch for spam and have to control the commenter being able to reconnect to their valuable prose.
    Stick to the simpler joys of building great sites with Xara. If you were a business then yeas you could spend money on this for marketing purposes.

2. Also consider the use of FaceBook and Twitter as comments there may encourage others to visit you; how else will they know you exist?

Acorn

+1 on using social media widgets, both facebook and twitter have great widgets and will instantly display comments.
    Flawless Form. Faultless Function. Crafted by Cloud

https://www.cloudwebagency.co.uk