Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I thought I had a job animating that fantasy sword on the table but this is serious!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9Dcu...yer_detailpage
    I did the typewritten effect by repeating the copy frame on the animation tool menu and ensurin the curso was in the right place. Its only the intro sequence and needs some work on it and I'm having a bit of trouble successfully getting the XAR/AVI/WMM conversion process right.
    The pheonix was done with clip art and the soundtrack was done in Magix Music maker (rock) 4.

Default Re: I thought I had a job animating that fantasy sword on the table but this is serio

I still think it would be much better taking sledgers advice and sticking to one thread for your new artworks - it would allow people to see how you're progressing in one thread rather than having new threads all over the place. Much better for you to get feedback.

I still prefer the penguin to this animation, so not a big fan of this one, I'm afraid.

I'd also say that asking people to judge what you do on the basis of your amateur, non-degree, sole artist status, is a mistake. Let the piece talk for itself.

I know you're proud of your sole journey, but have you thought of taking some part-time art classes? Evening classes perhaps?

Default Re: I thought I had a job animating that fantasy sword on the table but this is serio

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I still think it would be much better taking sledgers advice and sticking to one thread for your new artworks - it would allow people to see how you're progressing in one thread rather than having new threads all over the place. Much better for you to get feedback.

I still prefer the penguin to this animation, so not a big fan of this one, I'm afraid.

I'd also say that asking people to judge what you do on the basis of your amateur, non-degree, sole artist status, is a mistake. Let the piece talk for itself.

I know you're proud of your sole journey, but have you thought of taking some part-time art classes? Evening classes perhaps?
    Thanks the constructive critisism and advice about hitting back at the critics, this only, to qoute a phrase 'feeds the trolls' and gives some critics more ammo.
    It was just a result of one of numerous experiments on gettting the conversion process right all the time and I was going to iron out the mistakes anyway. I'm just having problems with the conversion process
    so I might have to open up new projects and combine them in Microsoft Movie maker. The 'plot' consisys of a pheonix flying through different sequences.

BTW what sort of music would you suggest due to the psychedellic nature? Would you have the same repetitive background going allthe way though (just listen to luarie Anderson's O Superman and you'll see what I'm getting at) or several different bits of music due to the nature?
    Last edited by SCALEBACK666; 29 January 2013 at 07:12 PM.

I'd have to say the animation isn't my cup of tea at all, so I'm not going to offer you any advice about it. Your penguin is your best piece by far.

I think you have a long way to go as an animator, but there is something about what you do that is interesting. If you are going to continue with animation, I'd try and study a bit to get some of the techniques that you are missing. Don't try and do too much at once.

What do you think about sticking with one thread?

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I'd have to say the animation isn't my cup of tea at all, so I'm not going to offer you any advice about it. Your penguin is your best piece by far.

I think you have a long way to go as an animator, but there is something about what you do that is interesting. If you are going to continue with animation, I'd try and study a bit to get some of the techniques that you are missing. Don't try and do too much at once.

What do you think about sticking with one thread?
    I didn't expect the penguin to get such responses (I've got a few ideas as to what I can do with it and it was only one of my minor pieces. One thread sounds like an interesting idea but where should it be put?

I think this is the right forum.

Just had another positive comment. Maybe I was underestimating myself. At least on forums like this I get constructive critisisms and suggents (I wasn't havingt a go at people who offer me constructive critism).

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hi Scaleback, the single thread suggestion is a good one however if you have questions regarding how to create an effect or how to do something in a Xara animation these questions would be much better in their respective forums.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

I realised where I was going wrong. It worked a lot better if I just broke it down into a number of seperate new animations and combined them in Windows Movie Maker and kept a main source file on a seperate hard drive.