Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link to anchor with Firefox

I seem to recall there being problems with mousedown effects in Firefox and Chrome. I now discover that when I link to a particular part of a page Firefox an d Chrome only take me to the page, not the bottom that I want. Is this true and is there any work-around? Explorer seems to work as wished. Any help appreciated.

Default Re: Link to anchor with Firefox

What I think happens is if you have an anchor that appears on the visible part of the page, nothing will happen if you follow a link to that anchor.

If the link appears below the existing page, then the link to the anchor will appear at the very top of the screen.

It depends how much of the page exists after the anchor. It wont appear at the top of the screen unless there is enough page to reach the bottom.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks for the hints. It does seem to work but so much depends on window size and screen size that it's hard to know exactly will happen. But you are right: it does work. I quit too soon.