Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Bitmap Text

Default Bitmap Text

Trying to find out what I did to make my text bitmapped.. I can't upload the file because it exceed 10mb - it's almost 33mb.

Here's the website - maybe that will shed some light on this.
    www.ackleyhomestead.com

Default Re: Bitmap Text

If you group the text in Xara it's exported as a bitmap. Try ungrouping it.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That isn't the problem. It isn't grouped. It acts just like a bitmap image. There are no text features available. Odd, because some other text on the page is editable still - so publishing this didn't turn all of the text to bitmap, just some of it. There are no shadows or effects connected to it. It was 16 point Times Roman typed into a text box I made or it is from a string of text imported from an older page. At first, I thought that everything I imported got bitmapped and everything I typed into text boxes didn't.... but that is not the case. I am doomed. I don't think there is a way back from bitmap text to editable text.

But, If I can't find out WHY this happened - I need to return the software. I love it but - if I can't ride this horse, it needs to go home.

The OP has already been advised of this in the other thread Egg.
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...neditable-text

@swissmarks.
    Please stick to your same original thread.

Yes, read that post after this one Steve.
    Swissmarks, you can still select and edit text in a group in Xara but it will export as a bitmap and obviously you can't edit a bitmap in a browser

Select the text on the home page starting "Saving a piece of American history..." With it selected with the selector tool does the status bar bottom left of the Xara screen say "A text column ..." or "A group on ..." If it says it's a group just ungroup it and it'll export fine.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host