Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default submit to iframe in another page

Hello,

I have a little form to check an url on my page www.jcrea-websolutions.be . On my page www.jcrea-websolutions.be/bestel.htm i have a form in iframe . How can i pass data from the first page to the iframe in the second page?

J-C

Default Re: submit to iframe in another page

j-c, one method would be to embed the URL of the wanteddomainname that is typed in into the CHECK button onclick function (currently, <input class="button" type="submit" value="CHECK" onclick="lookup(); ">) such that your second page is called as http://www.jcrea-websolutions.be/bestel.htm?<<wanteddomainname>>.

HOW TO PASS THE WANTED DOMAIN NAME
    <input class="button" type="submit" value="CHECK" onClick="window.open('http://www.jcrea-websolutions.be/bestel.htm'+'?'+document.getElementById('domainnam e').value,'_blank');">

On your second page, you would use more code to extract the parameter (the wanteddomainname following the ?) and then paste it as the value of the field <input class="text-input small-input" type="text" id="domainname" name="domainname">.

HOW TO INSERT THE WANTED DOMAIN NAME
    You could use the following code to get the parameter from the passed URL:
    var parameter = window.location.search.substring(1); // extracts parameter from url?parameter

To paste the parameter, you would use:
    document.getElementById('domainname').value=parame ter
    As this field is in an IFRAME the mechanism to get to it may be more tricky than I have described.

You should also have validation checking of the first field to block malicious code insertions; the jQuery Javascript Library probably does all of the above more tidily that I have just cobbled together.

Acorn