Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone using Videoscribe?

Thanks, Egg and Sledger, I shall try those. Never noticed the Blank Photo option before!

Just wanted to add one more point: While creating the drawing for videoscribe, don't bother using a brush stroke as vs doesn't read those properly. Stick to lines of a consistent width.

Here's something I made. Nothing too riveting, but I think the program has potential.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8THpBgjrkwA

Nice work!

Very nice work.

Quote Originally Posted by Manoj View Post
    don't bother using a brush stroke as vs doesn't read those properly. Stick to lines of a consistent width.
    the stroke shapes are not exported into the SVG from xara in the first place AFAIK

keep up the good work ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

don't bother using a brush stroke as vs doesn't read those properly
    You can always convert line to shapes from brush strokes, these export without issue.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

That's a neat program, shame it's overpriced for the casual user. I can't get the svg's to import correctly other than using your method Manoj.

Here's an attempt by me
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Nice! Looking at their video tutorials Viedeoscribe looks like a well-thought-out-but-pricey program that is being regularly improved.

Thanks people! Good one Egg, hadn't thought to use fill effects...that opens a whole new can of prawns..er, worms ;-)

UPDATE: Manoj, after getting really pissed off with exporting pdf's from Xara, importing into an online converter and converting these pdf's to svg's I did some more experimenting. I found that Inkscape svg's imported without issue however if I tried importing a Xara generated svg then saving as an inkscape svg the same problem was encountered i.e. the oversized bounding box.

After some experimenting by opening the svg's in notepad I eventually found if you stripped out everything between the <defs> </defs> tags and saved the file it imports with the correct sized bounding box. (The reason why the Xara svg import/export from Inkscape displayed the same problem is that these <defs> tags were retained.)

Not a 100% solution but far simpler than going the pdf / online convert to svg route. Obviously the stripping of the <defs> tags might have a detrimental effect but I haven't found it yet. I actually tried eliminating each <marker> </marker> from inside <defs> </defs> to see which one caused the problem but it obviously isn't a single one but the whole lot.

Hope this helps you. By the way page size isn't an issue using this method.

I attach the 2 svg files.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	videoscribe.png 
Views:	663 
Size:	82.5 KB 
ID:	94708  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg