Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Anyone using Videoscribe?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you may be looking at the wrong videoscribe .. it is not videoscribe.com it is here: http://www.sparkol.com/videoscribe.php
    Thanks - you were absolutely right!

handrawn - thanks, yes I've tried that, and with Illy too - it's strange - every drawing I bring into either program from xara and save as svg has the same issue when it goes into videoscribe. I guess I could make the drawing in inkscape, but xara has spoiled me for learning other programs ;-)

Anyway, I've sent sparkol support a mail as sledger suggested...fingers crossed!

pauland - this is a silly little thing I made yesterday with the built-in clipart in videoscribe. It's really simple to use, anyone could learn it in a jiffy. Now if I could just sort out the svg issue!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OInfFGJ_UY8

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Oops! Sorry about that. It was just a trial run, in any case, and not very good.

I finally worked out a fix for the Xara svg problem, so here it is if anyone finds it helpful:

1. Create the drawing in Xara the usual way
    2. In Page Options, unlock the page size
    3. Make the page the same dimensions as the drawing. Centre the drawing on the page.
    4. Export to PDF.
    5. Convert the PDF to SVG using Illustrator or an online converter.
    6. Import the SVG into videoscribe to work with. The drawing should now select properly.

This seems to be working well. A little roundabout, but it means I can keep working with my favourite drawing program :-)

that's good - thanks for letting us know, and good luck with the animations
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks handrawn, if I come up with something good, I'll put it up here. I'm quite excited with the possibilities of working with this program and XDP :-)

Manjo, it appears that Xara's svg export, exports the Xara page size with the svg file. Try export from Xara direct after your stage 3 above.

I made an A3 (large) page in Xara and created a simple small square and set it to the bottom right of the page. Selected it and exported as svg. In the export folder I selected the new svg and viewed it in FireFox. I needed to scroll down & right to view the square. Moved the square to different positions exported again and noticed how the sqare moved about the screen.

Creating the page the same size as the drawing stopped this behaviour.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 28 January 2013 at 10:06 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Or use a Blank photo document to create your SVG drawing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blank-photo.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	94314  

Good idea.
    Egg