Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Anyone using Videoscribe?

Hi all,

I've been trying out Videoscribe - an online service that gives you that RSA Animate-type look to your videos, where a moving hand "draws" your images on the screen.
    Videoscribe will import svg files. So I'm trying to create cartoons in Xara Designer Pro and export them as svgs. All is OK except that when imported, the drawing appears with a large bounding rectangle around it. It should normally just be around the edges of the drawing. This way makes it somewhat difficult to move and place the images around. I was wondering if anyone has been using Videoscribe and has figured out what the problem is.

Thanks
    Manoj

Default Re: Anyone using Videoscribe?

You haven't told us which version of Xara Designer Pro you are using?

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post
    You haven't told us which version of Xara Designer Pro you are using?
    Sledger - I'm using XDP X.
    The svg files open just fine in browsers. It's only in videoscribe that they're small and offcentre in the bounding box when selected. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	screenshot.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	24.6 KB 
ID:	94213

Ah I see, they don't import into VS properly. Hmm, well would this be better answered by Sparkol Videoscribe support, maybe?
    I don't have an account there or even want/need one, so I'm not sure how Xara Designer Pro users can help you?

I think SVGs generated by Inkscape and Illy work fine in videoscribe, so I was wondering if this problem is only with XDP SVG files and if any XDP users who are also using videoscribe might have figured out a fix. Not sure if Sparkol support will know but I guess it's worth trying.

Is Videoscribe still operating? Their website doesn't look like it's been updated for a very long time.