Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Any way to consolidate Theme Colors?

After working with my 8-page web site for a while — and bringing in elements from other pages and the Xara Designs Gallery — I've managed to get named colors that are exactly the same color, but used for (many) different page elements. For example:
    Theme Color 1
    Theme Color 1 a a

I also have these two defined as the same color (but a different color from above):
    Theme Color 1 b
    Theme Color 1 g

Is there a practical way to consolidate the definitions so there's only one defined "master" color for each? I'll be more careful in the future to observe how/when new colors are defined. But I'd sure like to have a way to simplify my current site color palette. Editing the individual color assignments for dozens of elements is not appealing.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Default Re: Any way to consolidate Theme Colors?

Lot of responses to this one.

I am not sure if this will work, but what happens if you uncheck Delete Unused Colors and Styles when Saving? (Page Options > View). Then close and reopen the document.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    what happens if you uncheck Delete Unused Colors and Styles when Saving? (Page Options > View). Then close and reopen the document.
    Thanks for your response ... but nothing changed. And in checking the colors, I noticed another anomaly: I have a light blue color defined/named as "Shade of Theme Color 1 a". But Theme Color 1 a is a green. Any ideas on how that can happen? Or maybe I don't understand the definition of "shade of".

This should work and not effect your site. Open the Color Gallery, select a Theme Color and press Delete.

The colors will disappear from the screen palette but objects with those colors will remain unchanged.

In addition, if you want to start fresh, you can then select one of the objects with a theme color you want to use, open the Color Editor and Name the color.

Another way is to decide which "Theme Colour1" you wish to use. Open the Names gallery and select the little dot next to Theme Colour2, this will select all instances of it provided every layer is editable on every page (and not stretchy NavBars, Moulds and Extrusions) Click on Theme Colour1 on the colour line to change the colour of all instance of that colour. Do the same for each unwanted colour. The old colours are automatically removed. I'd suggest doing this with a duplicate copy of you xar/web file in case you mess it up Save your xar/web file & all unwanted colours are gone and you only have instances of the named colours you require.

The problem with your method above Gary is it destroys the named colour and all instance of that colour become a local fill colour. Recreating a new named colour only works on that one object, not all instances of that local fill colour.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Point taken Egg.