Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Unable to view footer after editing a page

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123.jpg 
Views:	109 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	94157Click image for larger version. 

Name:	123a.jpg 
Views:	107 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	94158

ATTACHED are the images if i move the footer broader up. Anything sightly below the ucrrent position will make it disappear.. ??

what if you move the trip advisor widget out of the way - just drag it to the left and off the page then do a preview

Quote Originally Posted by akuma View Post

ATTACHED are the images if i move the footer broader up. Anything sightly below the ucrrent position will make it disappear.. ??
    akuma, I can't tell what is Widget and what is Footer from your screenshots.

If you have a Widget then its code may be determining its height. Do you have Re-generate placeholder image automatically ticked?
    If the Widget is the topmost item, it will obscure anything underneath, including a Footer as they do not typically render a transparent background.
    You may have to move the Widget backwards.

Acorn

hi again ive just looked at the hospitality template and when i move the footer it seems to be linked to the block of text - try right clicking on the text and click anchor text and then do it again to remove the anchor - not sure if this is in wd7 though - if it is anchored to the text and you have made the text longer it could be moving the footer past the bottom of the page on preview ??

Acorn,

The widget is the white trip advisor. The footer is the grey box going across the white trip advisor widget. If it move the grey box slightly down, it disappear from the page when previewing. YES the Re-generate placeholder image automatically ticked on the Widget with the code added on the BODY. i have tried moving the widget away and still the same problem

Hi Guys,

Im not one to give up but i am reaching that point . OKay so i have downloaded version 8 (X). I imported my sites on and i have tried out the position to footer by right clicking and this did not work. Further looking at the design view i notice there is a blue dotted line Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	20.5 KB 
ID:	94163 which is cutting my footer off. however the widget is viewable fine when preview as web page. Maybe this has helped???

mmmm ok try this - right click on the footer - position on page = FIXED then move the footer above the dotted line then right click and change position to footer - did you remove the text anchor ??

cheerz

Okay after a good night sleep and fresh for another day. i have resolved the issue. The blue dotted line needs to be dragged down to where you want it to be and it preview as normal just the way it should.

This seems to be only available on version 8 (M). on version 7 there seems to be no options as far as i can see.

Thank you all for your kind help.

Does anyone know what the blue dotted line is called? i am trying to find it on version 7 but cannot seems to allocate it. i am using a demo version 8 at the moment and have a full version 7 which i would like to use. thanks

hi right i think i know what your problem is - the dotted line is the page length adjuster which needs to be dragged down - it is there is wd 7 but sometimes it gets obscured by objects - move youre mouse just past the left bottom corner and watch your mouse pointer and when it changes left click hold down and drag downwards - or you could go to file page options and make you page longer - good luck