Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I thought I'd let everyone know what's up with the Tutorial and Xealot CDs. The quality assurance is going a little slower than expected. For those of you not familiar with Acrobat, it is similar to a web editor in that there are links throughout the documents that need to be changed. Since most of them point to web links instead of to the files that will be on the CD, I have been editing them to point correctly. The Xealot especially has a lot of links. So I'm plugging away at this as time allows.

I have set up my PayPal account and will have a shopping cart setup on a website. Gary and I have agreed to include both all the tutorials from 1996 through 2001 and Vol3 of the Web Xealot. Also included will be the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.05, demo versions of Xara 3D and Webstyle and some fonts (thanks to Kate Moss at Xara).

The format will be an Index page that opens in your browser and then uses the Acrobat Reader plugin to load the PDF files. This way you will be able to navigate just as you would if you were on the web. Most important is the fact that the PDFs will PRINT out in a standard 8 1/2 X 11 or A4 form factor. The index pages will also be in PDF format as well if you just want to start in the Acrobat Reader.

In another thread, Ross mentioned a Splash page to open with an Autorun file. I have a thing against Autoruns on CDs that I use all the time, so I'm not going to force you all to have to close a screen you would see everytime you inserted the CD. All of the copyright info will be on the index pages as well as each individual file just like they were on the Xaraxone. These PDFs are copies of the web pages after all with only enough editing done so there aren't web links trying to connect you to the internet instead of going to the file on disk. I have left some web links to external sites that Gary mentions so you can still access those resources.

Enough of my rambling, back to ">right click >properties >"open file" >choose file >set link".

If you have any questions you can always email me. Just remove the no-spam from my address.

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    "If you can do good, you should."
    W.K. Clark

I thought I'd let everyone know what's up with the Tutorial and Xealot CDs. The quality assurance is going a little slower than expected. For those of you not familiar with Acrobat, it is similar to a web editor in that there are links throughout the documents that need to be changed. Since most of them point to web links instead of to the files that will be on the CD, I have been editing them to point correctly. The Xealot especially has a lot of links. So I'm plugging away at this as time allows.

I have set up my PayPal account and will have a shopping cart setup on a website. Gary and I have agreed to include both all the tutorials from 1996 through 2001 and Vol3 of the Web Xealot. Also included will be the latest Adobe Acrobat Reader 5.05, demo versions of Xara 3D and Webstyle and some fonts (thanks to Kate Moss at Xara).

The format will be an Index page that opens in your browser and then uses the Acrobat Reader plugin to load the PDF files. This way you will be able to navigate just as you would if you were on the web. Most important is the fact that the PDFs will PRINT out in a standard 8 1/2 X 11 or A4 form factor. The index pages will also be in PDF format as well if you just want to start in the Acrobat Reader.

In another thread, Ross mentioned a Splash page to open with an Autorun file. I have a thing against Autoruns on CDs that I use all the time, so I'm not going to force you all to have to close a screen you would see everytime you inserted the CD. All of the copyright info will be on the index pages as well as each individual file just like they were on the Xaraxone. These PDFs are copies of the web pages after all with only enough editing done so there aren't web links trying to connect you to the internet instead of going to the file on disk. I have left some web links to external sites that Gary mentions so you can still access those resources.

Enough of my rambling, back to ">right click >properties >"open file" >choose file >set link".

If you have any questions you can always email me. Just remove the no-spam from my address.

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    W.K. Clark

Grant. You've gone the extra mile. Much appreciated. Just goes to show that Oregonians are all that bad, eh? : )

I was wondering, some programs will allow you to do this...........Is there a way to set up the links so if you want to transfer all the files to the hard drive for immeadiate access that it will give you the option to point to the files on the hard drive instead of searching for the files on the CDROM drive???

Can't remember who did that, but it was great. It allowed you, once the program was invoked to redirect where the "browser" pointed to. Made it less aggravating. The disks will be great to have, to further support XaraLtd and their efforts but I have a 40 Gig hard drive and usually like to just put files like that onto the drive instead of digging around for "where the heck is that disk at??" kinda stuff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Thanks Grant. Take your time, my man, it's worth the wait!!! Take another month or two as far as I'm concerned, just don't rush it!!!

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

RAMWolff,

Won't make any difference where the files are. My CD players are E: at home and D: at work and the links work no matter which player the disk is in. They also load off my G: drive, which is my data/production drive.

Ich bin ein New Yorker
    W.K. Clark

It did occur to me that these are going to be PDF files so if I transfer them all onto the physical drive and double click on one of the files it will simply bring up the PDF veiwer, so I don't know what I had my socks all twisted up for [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---