Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Default January 2013 Guest Tips and Tricks - Making A Handcrafted Valentine Card

Making A Handcrafted Valentine Card

February is the month of love and you can be ready with this Valentine's Day card. Frances Proctor (Angelize) shows you how in this month's Tips and Tricks tutorial.

Show Frances that you took her tutorial to heart, and post your handcrafted Valentines here.
    Barbara Bouton
    TalkGraphics Forum Administrator

The Xara Xone website developer. | TheBoutons.com

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Default Re: January 2013 Guest Tips and Tricks - Making A Handcrafted Valentine Card

Thanks Barbara and Gary!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Default Re: January 2013 Guest Tips and Tricks - Making A Handcrafted Valentine Card

Thank you, Angelize! That looks like an elaborate and well-crafted tutorial. Now I only have to give it a try....

You are quite welcome Boy, I look forward to seeing your effort
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |

Frances, you win hands down in the "Intricate" category of tutorials, no less "Comprehensive"!

Question I'd like to throw out: does our community prefer short, specific tutorials, or more involved ones like this one? I realize it's a lot of work for Frances and anyone else who attempts a large tutorial, and I'd like to gather some opinions on preferences. There is no "correct" answer, and if people like a mix of long and short, that's good to know for future offerings, too.

My Best,
    Gary

Thanks Gary. I too would be interested in the opinions about this.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I think a mix is good Gare. Just my opinion of course.
    Good one Frances.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I have no problem with a mix, but not being a native english speaker, I do prefer a written text over a video tutorial.
    Guy -

I love these tools

Noted, and I'm making an effort right now to create a transcript of this month's video into a PDF text file.

We had no time for the past two months and we sort of forgot to do it.

Thanks!

I have not found a bad tutorial yet. My card is going to get me in trouble when she sees it, I bet I am buying diner.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	card_inside.jpg 
Views:	167 
Size:	18.8 KB 
ID:	94173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	card-front.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	94174