Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Slideshow trouble. How to get code and preview once done with widget

Hey all. Just downloaded trial version of Web Designer MX Premium. Went right for the slideshow widget. Made a rough one just to get the hang of it. Now that it's done I can't find any way to get it over to Dreamweaver and try it in my website? I can save it in a file that says it opens with DW, but it won't open. Says "failed openinig". but even if it did that doesn't get me what I'd hoped for.....the code to the widget. Also, is there any way to play the slideshow? Since I didn't make a webpage I don't think there is a way to do it. All I want to do for now is make the slideshow, get the code and pop the code into Dreamweaver and see how it looks. Is that even possible?

Thanks much,
    Ken

Default Re: Slideshow trouble. How to get code and preview once done with widget

Thing is, Xara Web Designer created sites are not intended to be opened and edited in third party HTML editors.
    You probably need Adobe Dreamweaver support rather than Xara support, no?

Default Re: Slideshow trouble. How to get code and preview once done with widget

Thanks, that's what I was afraid of when I asked earlier about using this program to make a slideshow widget outside of Dreamweaver. I was under the impression that I could create a widget, get the code and paste it as html into Dreamwever. Since that's not how it works I'll have to uninstall the trial and see if I can find something to do what I need. Thanks for the answer.

There's loads of jquery slideshow widgets on line that you can download, designed to use as you plan.
    Here's one source
    http://www.dynamicwp.net/articles-an...ery-tutorials/

Web Designer is a WYSIWYG website construction product. As sledger point out, it is not intended to generate widgets for Dreamweaver or for editing HTML.

In a way, it is the anti-Dreamweaver.

Ken, you can still use Xara Web Designer MX Premium for this.
    Why not embed what you generate as a IFRAME within your Dreamweaver or other HTML-edited website?
    You are creating your own homespun widget
    Anything you publish through Xara can be embedded. Note, it must be published, even locally, to get a preview.
    Here is a an example that avoids the carousel widget entirely: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ain-slide-show.

Acorn