Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

pgd6 scale/rotate selected points

Hi

Sorry if this has been asked before - i can't seem to find anyone mentioning it, so my guess is its not possible, but wanted to check.

Is it possible in Photo&Graphic Designer, to scale and/or rotate, only the selected points within a path? ie. can i select part of a path and make it larger (or rotate it)?
    Thanks!

Daniel

Default Re: scale/rotate selected points

No way to do it directly. It's been suggested in the Dear Xara forum before, but multiple requests will eventually get the developers' attention.

In the meantime, the best thing to do would be to break that section of the shape off from the rest of it (using the Shape Tool, select the beginning and end points, then right-click and select Break Points), and scale/rotate it as a separate object. Then you can go back to the Shape Tool and re-join the appropriate points.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Default Re: scale/rotate selected points

Thanks for the quick answer! Yeah, i can definitely work around it - it's just a pain.

Quote Originally Posted by ad1066 View Post
    No way to do it directly. It's been suggested in the Dear Xara forum before, but multiple requests will eventually get the developers' attention.

In the meantime, the best thing to do would be to break that section of the shape off from the rest of it (using the Shape Tool, select the beginning and end points, then right-click and select Break Points), and scale/rotate it as a separate object. Then you can go back to the Shape Tool and re-join the appropriate points.

-- Ben