Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New Exports

Default New Exports

Dear Xara, thank you, thank you, thank you. I have just bought the Designer Pro X and all my print problems have been solved with the PDF/X export. Jobs now open up in Flexisign which is the RIP I use for large format print output.
    PS. The other new tools look pretty neat too, I need more time to play around with them but the shape builder and eraser tools are great..

A very happy Tabian

Default Re: New Exports

FYI: PDF/X isn't new to DPX, it's a feature of 'Pro' versions which goes back to at least version 4, possibly earlier.

Good to see another happy Pro user though

I am also very happy for PDF/X export, as it enabled me to do the entirety of Spookybeans in Xara, then export to PDF to send off to Lightning Source for printing.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

If I only knew that DPX had PDF/X that gives me the print output I was looking for I would have bought a copy yonks back and saved all that frustration. Old coffin dodgers like me just think a PDF is a PDF but it appears there is more to it.

Ben, can you please enlighten me as to what “Spookybeans” are and what do you mean by sending it off for “Lighting Source”

All my best Tabian

xdp6 Re: New Exports

Spookybeans is the roleplaying game I co-authored for Chapter 13 Press. I did all the artwork and layout for the book in Xara Designer Pro.

Lightning Source is the Print on Demand company that actually produces the book for us. Better quality product than Lulu, and they take a much smaller chunk of the profits from each book sold. The flipside is that they charge a fee up front (well worth it in the long run).

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

Spookybeans is ACE..!
    Nice one Ben I love it.