Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can't find the clone tool in my new version of Designer MX Premium

When viewing tutorials on use of the clone tool. They show clicking the photo pan out which lists the clone icon. The photo icon on my MX Premium shows up with 5 options but NO clone icon showing. I just purchased this supposedly latest software but can’t get a clone option.

Default Re: Can't find the clone tool in my new version of Designer MX Premium

If your're looking for the Clone/Magic Erase tool icon (looks like a rubber stamp) then you will need to upgrade to Designer Pro X for this.
    The tool is not available in Web Designer MX Premium.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks sledger.......I am new to this xara web and trying to learn all I can to post on the net.
    Choctaw

I upgraded to Des Pro X might just as well have some more buttons and things to learn about.
    Thanks for your help.
    Choctaw

A good way to learn is to press F1 (function key F1) when you have a tool selected for a context sensitive menu of options for that tool.

Also, press Help in any menu or dialog for a context sensitive menu of options related to that particular menu.

qwpriester..........that f1 is something other software uses for help. I did not think of it for Xara. I did not undestand what you ment about press of HELP in any menu?
    Thanks Choctaw

see attached examples ...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	help-diag.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	94149  
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Two different versions of the software showing the location.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	locatioh.png 
Views:	88 
Size:	106.7 KB 
ID:	94162
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.