Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Having trouble creating a brush

Hello,

I'm having trouble creating a brush for my project. I created my line (red-dashed, 2 pt) and selected it, but there's no option to "Create Brush". I feel as I'm missing a step somehow. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover

Default Re: Having trouble creating a brush

Select the line then select the Freehand and Brush Tool, then the option to create a new brush will appear on the Infobar.

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Hello Raptor, to create a brush you need to select the freehand/ brush tool. create the pieces that will make up the pattern (for example a circle can be used to create a dotted line) and Click create brush on the info bar. After your brush is created you can apply it to a line and edit the settings. However I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve? Are wanting to create a dashed line brush? or just apply a dashed line to your selection?

If you want to apply a dashed line from the line gallery select the dashed line pattern you want and click apply.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

Thank you GWPriester and Angelize. I knew there was something I was missing. I had used the straight line tool to make the line and forgot to switch. Thank you again! ^_^
    Raptor
    Dark Shaman and Neko Lover