Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Does Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 2013/Designer Pro X have dimension tools....?

Does it have guidelines/dimension tools/rulers like CorelDRAW does? I'm shopping around for a vector program to do technical drawing and was wondering if it can do the same as CorelDRAW.

And just an FYI, I would download the trial version, but I'm in the process of moving to another city and I'm doing this on my phone during the car ride up there.

Sorry in advance if I cause any trouble by mentioning Corel products (I had a bad situation in the Adobe forums :/)

Default Re: Does Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 2013/Designer Pro X have dimension tools....

Guidelines = Yes
    Rulers = Yes
    Dimension markers = Sort of. The 'Info Bar' shows dimensions and angles etc.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dimesions-angles.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	94017  
    Last edited by steve.ledger; 11 January 2013 at 10:14 PM.

Default Re: Does Xara Photo and Graphic Designer 2013/Designer Pro X have dimension tools....

Personally, I think CorelDRAW is better suited for technical drawings.

I wonder if trebledroid means the ability to add dimensions to a drawing - ie the software adds an arrow between a pair of lines with the dimensions between them at the centre - as you might get on house plans, for example. I just checked and Corel has a tool specifically for this purpose - it doesn't exist in any Xara software.
    Last edited by pauland; 12 January 2013 at 12:31 AM.

I suspect you're right, Paul. Something that Xara should have added long ago imho.
    Serif DrawPlus has a very nice implementation of dimensioning while you draw as well as a dedicated dimension tool.

While you draw
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dpx5.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	4.0 KB 
ID:	94019

Dimension Tool
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dimension.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	10.2 KB 
ID:	94018

I recall mentioning this as a wish back before Xtreme Pro 4 was released, it was not received well by a Xara person who posted quite regularly back then..

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Why not ask again in the Dear Xara forum?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.