Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Xara 3D opening screen

Mark, have you set that 3D logo as your default screen? If so then that's what you will always see until you save something else as your default. Also 3DMaker 7 will always open with the last project you left opened.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I agree with Larry, you must have saved it as default.

Just clear the logo then save the blank view as default.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	default.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	25.9 KB 
ID:	94172

hello again, it is a brand-new installation because I tried everything to fix up another problem when I was uploaded some emoticons to another site and they were turning out to be flashy it also dark instead of a red heart and green writing.

It turns out it was the website, they do the update for security which was affecting my emoticons that I have made for years.

When I went to install it it would not let me, I contacted support and they tell me how to fix it, rename the temporary directory which works fine so it is a brand-new installation of Xara 6.

I could always get rid of the text but never could get rid of the oval circle surrounded the text when I tried to make it bleak page previously.

I also want to get rid of the default page in version 7, 3-D make 7 as well.

Regards Mark

Mark, you cannot get rid of the default page only change it. So make a blank page be deleating all your graphics on the page (not the tools), stop the animation if it is running and save that as default. in essence that will now be your opening (blank) screen with the tools showing. You need at least the tools on the left side to remain as well as the tool bars across the top of the screen.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

hello Larry, good to hear from you again. Having great fun with our little project we were doing. Have not attempted text yet I have been too busy, making double sided textures saves a lot of time, I can just go over the top with new pictures to add to each side so is working well.
    Now regarding 3-D 6 it was sledge was making a comment how to get a blank page because somebody was enquiring who started a thread, I was just interested when I saw it.
    Getting rid of everything in the screen I can get rid of the text but it still leaves oval circle from memory unless that is the animation cannot remember I highlighted the whole lot it will only get rid of the text as I said. Originally I thought maybe that playing around with the default what was causing my previous problem on the website which is why I reinstalled just in case it as we now know it was the website security update which caused the problem, typical.
    Hope you have been well also trying to keep warm over their Larry.
    Regards Mark

I was wondering about this so I did this little graphic which I hope is clear.
    Maybe this isn't the problem but it could be.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	solution.png 
Views:	170 
Size:	73.7 KB 
ID:	94196
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

hello Larry, without opening the program at the moment I think what you have shown and described is what I am seeing.

I will have a look sometime after, I just finished dinner and have a few things to do.
    Thank you for taking time to help me out.
    You are always there for me, as well as other users which I appreciate.

I'm having great fun with the other program, I have Web designer and also photo and graphic designer but I have to reregister graphic designer because I asked for a refund sometime ago because of the dollar conversion which way I should go to purchase it. They refunded the money so I have to fix that up.

Our dollar is very good at the moment so will see what happens.
    Thank you very much again regards Mark

hello Larry, thank you for your reply, you got rid of my oval shape which is what I needed, I have not restarted the program in but I think all will be good, thank you for again coming to my rescue, regards Mark

Glad we got it sorted out Mark.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509