Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Make text stay within box

Hi everyone,
    I just started out using Webdesigner MX, and while I (think) am making a lot of progress (I have some dreamweaver background) there's one "simple" thing which I can't seem to figure out.
    When I make a textbox and preview this in a browser in which the text are shown bigger (often with mobile phones, but also regular pc users) the text just ignores the boundaries and instead of wrapping it goes on.
    Is there a simple way for the text to stay within the box?
    (In the image below I used a normal textbox as an example)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	textwrap.jpg 
Views:	255 
Size:	64.7 KB 
ID:	93867
    Thanks in advance! (...and my apologies for possible grammatical errors as I'm Belgian)

Default Re: Make text stay within box

Hi Craray, welcome to TG

The way the HTML/CSS export filter works does not allow text to reflow with changes made within the browser.

Edit: If you add the name "htmlblocktext" to the text area it will reflow but other elements on the page will not.

This is perfect! Thanks Drwyd!
    Last edited by Craray; 02 January 2013 at 10:47 AM.

For users who may be unfamiliar with Names and how to name text, this is from the Xara Xone Archives, Workbook 82.

HTMLBlockText If you have a web page and you want your visitors to be able to copy the text on the web page, then Paste the text into another document, Microsoft Word, or Dreamweaver for example, and you want the formatting to be retained, use this option.

With normal HTML text, when you copy and paste the text into another document, you loose all formatting; indents, paragraph breaks, etc. The HTMLBlockText command retains the basic formatting when the text is pasted. So how do you add this? Simple. Really!

Select the text area, or text column with the Selector Tool, and press the yellow (Names) tag icon on the Infobar.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101.png 
Views:	193 
Size:	8.0 KB 
ID:	93872