Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Phantasm CS plugin for Illustrator

That rare thing, a plugin for Illustrator - Phantasm CS version 2 for CS3 to CS5, with CS6 due soon. It costs £49 and you can get it from here.
    Amongst other things, it creates vector halftones and desaturates vector artwork.

Just in case you are too young to remember, the graphic is an adaptor for a 45 rpm vinyl record that has had the centre punched out for playing on jukeboxes.
    It's part of a logo I designed for a DJ. If you click on the thumbnail you can see the halftone effect more clearly. At small sizes it loos like a gradient fill, which is ok too.
    Bob.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	45.jpg 
Views:	388 
Size:	171.9 KB 
ID:	92133  
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP

Default Re: Phantasm CS plugin for Illustrator

cool avatar too Bob [what was a jukebox BTW .......]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...
    IP

Photoshop does halftones by default, but they're not vector. Cool plug-in effect and very useful for sizing up.
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.
    IP

Bob I use DrawScribe from the same company in 1 computer and find it really helps in my workflow and thought about upgrading to the full package to include Phantasm. Have a look at some of the movies here and you might also think of doing it: http://www.astutegraphics.com/produc...be/movies.html
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Thanks for mentioning the rest of astute graphics plugins, Peter. I decided on virtual gifts for my Christmas/Birthday presents from the family this year (saves on postage from the UK).
    Having followed all the really good tutorials they produce, I've got up to speed now. DrawScribe basically turns Illustrator's Pen Tool into Xara's Shape Editor tool, which makes everything much easier to use. As you say, it certainly speeds up the workflow. Certainly worth the price, so I'd recommend downloading their trial versions to everyone who are put off Illustrator by the Pen Tool! The video tutorials are well worth a look too.
    Bob.
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.
    IP