Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: CS2 blues

Default CS2 blues

Hi. I have Illustrator CS2 and have just replaced my lap top, only to find that Adobe wont activate my software on the Windows 8 computer. They let me down load it to try and solve matters but this version has the colour pallette stuck partially ontop of the gradient tool so you cant use it.

Anyone know a fix? Adobe have now told me l have to buy a new version from scratch. I feel peeved as l paid £500 for the software only to find l effectively rented it rather than bought it. So l would lioke to use the CS2 if l can. Any help appreciated.

Tim
    IP

Default Re: CS2 blues

yes - you only ever rent a license - re-read the EULA [you did read it when you bought it didn't you...]

adobe no longer support CS2 - it does not run under win8 [not that happy under win7]

you could try installing/running it in legacy compatability mode....but no guarantees...

[edit - there may be an upgrade path?]
    IP

I used PCMover Pro to transfer my files, folders, and settings to my new Windows 8 machine. Adobe CS5.5 installed without a hitch. I did not think it would but it did.
    IP

CS2 was released in may 2005 - that's seven and a half years ago - well before win7 let alone win8 - CS5 on the other hand was launched April 2010.....
    IP

All that I can say is that I have my trusty CS2 running on Windows 8. There're a few problems with it like I can't use the normal screen res. and I have to allow the programme to run on 256 colours (I think). Much the same thing happens with Acro Pro where I get an error report saying that it can't be run on this version of windows but I click the part where it states just run it anyway (something like that. When you run AI CS2 did you run it along with windows compatibility utility where you can state that this program did run on Vista, XP or Win 7? cos that is how I got my version to run. Also you had the opportunity to upgrade to CS 6 from Adobe, mind you under duress, I think till December 15th 2012 just at the upgrade price. You might want to check that as it is still might be running as AI running on 64 bit is mighty fast.
    Design is thinking made visual.
    IP

Adobe has closed its online activation system. You need to register an Adobe ID (free) and can download CS2 from here (official adobe site) and install with the given serial numbers:
    http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/p...-end-life.html
    But it's unlikely that they will work without problems on win7 or win8.
    IP

Tim

following on from what albacore said - it appears to install ok under win7 [can't test under win8] - I guess the official adobe line should be taken with a pinch of salt...

at the moment you do not need to register to download, but no idea if that will last...

adobe.com/downloads/cs2_downloads/index.html
    IP