Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Looking for tool to adjust contrast of group

Hi!..

Is there a tool to correct the colors of shapes in a group in Designer Pro x?
    I mean something that can change contrast, brightness and saturation of all colors in the group at once.

For now I use the bitmap filter "Enhance" but sadly the outlines become jaggy by this.

Default Re: Looking for tool to adjust contrast of group

Welcome to TalkGraphics

The Live Effects Tool > Enhance can adjust the Brightness, Contrast, Saturation, and Sharpeness/Blur of a group, even a group of vector objects or a mixed group of objects.

Perhaps you can upload an example or give us a better idea what you are trying to accomplish.

I'd like to do what you describe without jagged result. I've been using Corel Draw and there I could change brightness etc of underlying shape colors. I've created an image showing why I prefer this.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blubb.png 
Views:	107 
Size:	8.3 KB 
ID:	93803
    Last edited by Thomas B.; 30 December 2012 at 03:27 PM.

live effect will remove pure vector - its a bitmap effect - you can increase the resolution on the effects and plugins tab in options, but that's likely why you get pixellation

you can try using the transparency types - if its flat color the color editor should sort out saturation and hue [and value too]

Amazing result with 300 dpi, this solves it of course many many thanks!..
    And the transparency types is great to experiment with. I'm happy with Xara again...

pleasure

Though... I've got another problem. With more than 96 dpi it gets blurry. I didn't notice the blur by just looking at an enhanced circle, only with a slightly more complex drawing. I'll probably try to attach an image to the thread later.

But what seems to work is increasing the size of the group, applying Enhance (no matter if 96 or 300 dpi) and then creating a bitmap copy and shrinking it back again. I wonder why this solution does not make it blurry, while the first solution (just increasing dpi) does. Isn't it technically the same?

you mean blurry round the edges - as in anti-aliasing?

Yes, but not the good looking kind of blur. Rather something bad. It looks like the good Xara anti-aliasing would take place in the high-res bitmap and lose it's cool looking by some shrink-algorithm. Maybe. Who knows.

And, sorry, I thought the solution with a big bitmap-copy would give less blurr, but it doesn't.
    It had just changed strokewidth a little bit.

Just a technical question. It's either:

1) big-drawing-method: Anti-aliasing happening on a big bitmap and shrinked (to a size where it does no more look so good)
    or
    2) high-dpi-method: Anti-aliasing happening on original size bitmap and increased then shrinked again

In neither way could I expect Xara's original shape-anti-aliasing algorithm to be seen.

Is it like this or am I misinterpreting things?