Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default flash slideshows from web designer 6 to work on mobile devices with mx premium?

Does anyone know if flash slideshows created with webdesigner 6 can be converted to work on mobile devices (phones, tablets) with the web designer MX premium. I was told that flash needed to be converted to html5 format to be compatible with mobile devices and that mx premium was able to convert to html5. i may be wrong with the jargon here as i am a amatuer web designer but i think i got it right. If it is not possible to convert these flash slideshows, is it posiible to create a 2nd "mobile" version of the site that would recognize when the site is being viewed by mobile devices and redirect to the "mobile version?"

Default Re: flash slideshows from web designer 6 to work on mobile devices with mx premium?

None of the Photo slideshows included with WD MX Premium are flash based now.
    If you import third party flash slideshows (or those created in Xara), then Xara does not create a HTML5 fall back.
    You may have heard about HTML5 video support
    MP4 movie files added to your website will now play without Flash installed if the browser supports HTML5 video, so movies play on iOS devices such as iPhones and iPads.
    Therefore if your slideshow can be converted to .MP4 then you may be covered

See
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/webdesigner/compare/
    and
    http://www.xara.com/us/products/webdesigner/whatsnew/

Default Re: flash slideshows from web designer 6 to work on mobile devices with mx premium?

Thanks, Ill try and see if i can convert the flash slides to mp4, but i think it may be a little beyond my limited experience level. I have been playing around with dropping in mp4 videos and the new "widget" slideshows, but they seem to have problems loading up on some ipad and android devices, i bet if i play around some more i can figure out whats wrong, maybe file size idk. I really appreciate the response. I love xara, its made owning and running my companies website within my capabilities. I guess i will just have to redo the flash into photo objects or just tell people to drop the mobile devices and head to a real computer. Thanks again

Post an URL for iOS and Android users to test please.

I am having trouble getting the mp4 to load up and play on my android phone, but it works fine with my wifes android tablet. I have no idevices to test with. Also the slider seems to load very slowly when advancing. Here's the link to the test page of my website.

http://reconstructiveconcepts.biz/index_23.htm

Thanks again

seems to load very slowly when advancing.
    Your video is 22.5Mb - that's a lot of data to download before playback begins for just a 53 second clip.
    For the sake of mobile users (as much as anyone else), I would re encode this using a lower bitrate (currently it's 3473kbps).
    I used FreeMake and re encoded to 768kbps which brought the clip down to a more reasonable 6.10Mb without any noticeable quality loss.

Thanks ill resize, I figured it had to be something like that. you've been a big help.