Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Google +1 Button

Hi, I'm struggling to add the +1 button to my site and wondered if anyone could give me a few pointers? I'm using WD8 MX Premium, and have done virtually everything I can think of to no avail. I've created a placeholder, I've followed the destructions provided by Google with a snippet of code in the <head> and another in the <body>, I've also bunged the whole code together in the <body> as i found that worked when adding the 'Like us' button for Facebook... everything I've tried has fallen flat and i'm a bit lost, i'm sure it's me, i expect i'm being a bit dim, but it'd be nice to get a definative answer before it drives me nuts! A simple button, how hard can it be to add! ...sheesh

Thank you in advance

Default Re: Google +1 Button

Hi LGS2012, what is the url of the page ?

Welcome to TalkGraphics

I think that the +1 thingy only appears when you publish the page to your web server. You can't see it in Xara's Preview.

Gary is correct, Publish first. You can't 'plus 1' a page on your local computer, therefore the code is inactive until a valid URL is possible.

Hi guys, apologies for not responding to my own thread earlier, totally forgot all about my question!

I'm all squared away now, it suddenly dawned on me that I hadn't uploaded the site to my test-space. Once I'd done that, there was my little old +1 button... you know when something is so simple that you sit and look at it for ages and totally overthink the whole thing? That was me, sheesh.

Thanks for the advice fellas, Happy New Year to you all.